• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I am lead to believe from my inside sources that there will be an announcement about FF tomorrow...The Echo are in on the announcement deal.

"Just to add more news, to this news, to make more news, that you may not have heard of as news....:smiles:...

The club are not happy with at least 8 of the players on the books ATM and they are about to be on the shift list.

I cannot claim to have hard inside information but I have heard some time ago that work is scheduled to start at FF in early November. I have also heard that a number of players in the current squad will be jetisoned to make way for soem new players in January. In an odd turn, i have also heard from a different source that FF will be hugely reduced in size, to allow for a smaller, more affordable build that can be increased in size should need be in the future. A former playeris also being consulted about a return to southed in some capacity

Will be very interesting to see what the latest on Fossetts Farm is, this is far more important than any other issue at SUFC at the moment.
Regarding the eight players, I hope it is the managers opinion that they are not good enough rather than the chairman's. All we need now is Martin to start interfering with who does or doesn't play for the club. Having said that, he has probably done something similar in the past.

Does anyone own a defribillator that I can borrow? Just on the 1,000,000-1 shot that the announcement involves, ron, a hardhat and a digger.

(don't shoot me down please, let me have this last 24hrs of ignorant bliss)

The club are not happy with at least 8 of the players on the books ATM and they are about to be on the shift list.

Bouzid
Spencer
Pato
Herd
Zaboub(?) ("The largely disappointing" stood out yesterday)

Who else?

Bad news no doubt...
I have heard the complete opposite to that...but then again it would not be a first for RM to put out a statement to fan the flames of supporters..(David Webb anybody last season)..IMO this is to real with inviting CP at the echo to join in to be a ruse.

Will be very interesting to see what the latest on Fossetts Farm is, this is far more important than any other issue at SUFC at the moment.
Regarding the eight players, I hope it is the managers opinion that they are not good enough rather than the chairman's. All we need now is Martin to start interfering with who does or doesn't play for the club. Having said that, he has probably done something similar in the past.

I think RM has been told by PS to stay out of team affairs and stick to sorting the stadium.

Well let's hope this is a statement that has some substance to it for once and is not an appeasement, to prevent further unrest from the faithful...

If RM is about to announce a start date, he has to keep to it or we will be going round in circles again.

Strange isn't it. A few days of unrest on SZ, and the club are due to make a statement. Another master stroke by Ron no doubt to calm the masses, and get them back on side

I cannot claim to have hard inside information but I have heard some time ago that work is scheduled to start at FF in early November. I have also heard that a number of players in the current squad will be jetisoned to make way for soem new players in January. In an odd turn, i have also heard from a different source that FF will be hugely reduced in size, to allow for a smaller, more affordable build that can be increased in size should need be in the future. A former playeris also being consulted about a return to southed in some capacity

These rumours I like.
- A reduced capacity Fossett's with a cheaper & quicker build time makes sense
- Sturrock got this group together ultra-fast as he needed bodies, it's no suprise some of them aren't up to standard, the fact he's already decided to dump some & therefore must already be on the look out for replacements is excellent.
- Former player coming back? In what role? Player, Coach, Chairman (chairman, please let it be chairman). Exciting. As long as it isn't Drewe.

Well let's hope this is a statement that has some substance to it for once and is not an appeasement, to prevent further unrest from the faithful...

If RM is about to announce a start date, he has to keep to it or we will be going round in circles again.

My thoughts exactly

Strange isn't it. A few days of unrest on SZ, and the club are due to make a statement. Another master stroke by Ron no doubt to calm the masses, and get them back on side

That crossed my mind to Nic...weird eh.....:sherlock:

Bouzid
Spencer
Pato
Herd
Zaboub(?) ("The largely disappointing" stood out yesterday)

Who else?

I'd personally shove Soares on that list as well (Although he has improved of late)

Along with Prosser and maybe Phillips (Although that would be harsh on him)

Indeed. It would be strange if Sturrock wants to get rid of 8 players after only 4 months in charge when most of the squad are his buys.

I really dont think PS would take kindly to Martin sticking his nose into team matters. He's been around long enough and around enough 'clown' chairman (his words) to fall for that trick.

Must have finally paid the broadband bill so they can start monitoring the site again...

Back