• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

These rumours I like.
- A reduced capacity Fossett's with a cheaper & quicker build time makes sense
- Sturrock got this group together ultra-fast as he needed bodies, it's no suprise some of them aren't up to standard, the fact he's already decided to dump some & therefore must already be on the look out for replacements is excellent.
- Former player coming back? In what role? Player, Coach, Chairman (chairman, please let it be chairman). Exciting. As long as it isn't Drewe.

Wouldn't a reduction in the capacity of the stadium plans require a resubmission of planning permission though?

Wouldn't a reduction in the capacity of the stadium plans require a resubmission of planning permission though?

Good question and one I don't know the answer to. Just thought in the past I'd heard others say we could reduce the size without reapplying.

Strange isn't it. A few days of unrest on SZ, and the club are due to make a statement. Another master stroke by Ron no doubt to calm the masses, and get them back on side

In fairness I would argue that the fact that there is a Liason meeting tonight with the Trust is a more logical reason for the annoucement being tomorrow.

Not unless it drastically changes the planned appearance I believe.

I guess there is the possibility of a 3 sided ground...

:thumbdown::scared::darkcloud:

Surely, because the structure is a bowl, having three-sides would significantly alter the appearance of the stadium? If this is on the agenda, I think what we're more likely to see is something akin to the MK bowl, where certain stands and tiers haven't been developed yet and won't be until necessary.

Surely, because the structure is a bowl, having three-sides would significantly alter the appearance of the stadium? If this is on the agenda, I think what we're more likely to see is something akin to the MK bowl, where certain stands and tiers haven't been developed yet and won't be until necessary.

I think you mean Stadium:MK, as the MK Bowl is a concert venue with grassy banks. Unless you think we're doing this the ultra cheap way! :smiles:

milton_keynes_bowl.jpg

I think the fact we have planned a bowl is far more significant than the fortnightly football and was always the long term plan for yearly revenue.

Bring it on, 20,000 concert venue in the town.

I think you mean Stadium:MK, as the MK Bowl is a concert venue with grassy banks. Unless you think we're doing this the ultra cheap way! :smiles:

milton_keynes_bowl.jpg

Aye, I meant the MK Dons bowl in the comparison to our bowl, because they're both bowls, y'know?

I think the fact we have planned a bowl is far more significant than the fortnightly football and was always the long term plan for yearly revenue.

Bring it on, 20,000 concert venue in the town.

That would be awesome. We wouldn't get anyone good to play it though, probably just the BeeGees :scared:

i reckon this is down to me, i emailed ron yesterday asking for an update, funny how it looks like its coming. :hilarious:

I agree Matt..it was your doing mate......RM>>>>>what do you want Matt..:joke:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Matt....Nothing Ron I love you.

But Stadium:MK is two tiered all the way round. Where as FF is only single tiered with only a small second tier of some 2,000 seats on the main stand. So I guess this small second tier could be built at a later date, which could save a couple of million. To add to that maybe the hotel/restaurant/conference facilities could be delayed, saving even more significant amounts. But of course this would remove the whole point of moving grounds in the first place...to increase revenue streams.

Last edited:
But Stadium:MK is two tiered all the way round. Where as FF is only single tiered with only a small second tier of some 2,000 seats on the main stand. So I guess this small second tier could be built at a later date, which could save a couple of million. To add to that maybe the hotel/restaurant/conference facilities could be delayed, saving even more significant amounts...

I dare say those amenities be constructed in the loosest possible sense and fitted later... That, with the second tier scrapped into further notice, would probably scrap a convenient few million of the total bill?

We need to come to terms with the fact that the new stadium will be nothing like the grand shrimp-styled plans of a few years ago- in fact it probably wont be much above non-league standard and will almost certainly be worse than Col U's effort. People, including Ron, say that we need to move to an enormo-dome in order to compete in the championship but I'm worried the new new stadium could actually set us back in this regard. Roots Hall will seem like the Emirates compared to what we might be fobbed off with- I'm thinking painted breezeblocks and 10,000 cheap seats. Sainsbury's will build it to the lowest spec they can get away with and let's face it they can probably get away with whatever they want. My source (logic) told me this but let's hope they are talking b*llocks.

For those who are wondering, then yep I'm moaning about a new stadium which hasn't even been built yet- worst kind of fan in the whole world ever.

Last edited:

milton_keynes_bowl.jpg
I'd go for that, sitting on a grassy bank on a blanket with some cold tins and a picnic. If it's designed for 22,000 there'd be plenty of room to spread out. Be a bit less appealing in the depths of winter though.

Back