• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slight exaggeration. I'm sure you remember we used to train over Priory park and in the RH car park when it was wet. Overall the facilities at B&L aren't bad for L1. Our academy has a good name in the football world and is certainly producing results.

Any planning application is more a set of hurdles to overcome rather than steps backwards. The bigger the project the more hurdles you face. I'm sure Ron of all people wants to see his dome fully operational as this would give us a cat 2 status with the academy. That means we would attract and keep better youngsters in the first place. I am told we would get more money if they then did leave because we would be cat 2.

For those of you who think we will be stuck with a 3 sided stadium and no revenue, which of course we won't. I'd like to point out that with our proximity to London and with the right set-up there's no reason why we couldn't follow Southampton's model and earn some real money from the academy whilst the team would benefit as the players develop.

You heard it here first from Riggers....4 sided stadia with lots of revenue......peace brother.

thats not what the notes to the accounts say , also if you look at the accounts of the owners of the ground they do not carry the "debt" as an asset. Unless I have misread these accounts, which is quite possible. Was your impression from the accounts ?

I understand you're an accountant?....can you explain the "admin costs" to us mortals.

Roots Hall is iconic to us Shrimpers - but old and sadly decrepit.
We NEED a new stadium. One, two, three or four sides! Roots Hall is slowly crumbling around the club.

Roots Hall is iconic to us Shrimpers - but old and sadly decrepit.
We NEED a new stadium. One, two, three or four sides! Roots Hall is slowly crumbling around the club.

Yep. It will be a sad day indeed when we finally say goodbye to the old girl. So many memories, but we will never become an established championship side with such a limited and antiquated stadium.

Not looking for an argument here , but what does the above mean ?

Their current position means nothing , as if must be compared with something if we are comparing how a club has positioned itself after a move to a new stadium ... that's the parameter isn't it ... one very quick example I could think of is that of Barnet, they probably would say that they are better off now they have a new stadium when compared to them at undergill , But I have no idea if their current position is higher than they have ever been.

Also , you need to consider clubs that have needed to move stadiums, a category I believe we fall into . I honestly don't see what your positions above actually prove in relation to the question regarding clubs being better off after a stadium move.

I meant some on here think once FF is finished then the club will become an established championship or higher club,I'm just pointing out nothing is guaranteed and without the main stand and the revenues that would deliver,I cannot see how 3 sides would benefit the club.

I meant some on here think once FF is finished then the club will become an established championship or higher club,I'm just pointing out nothing is guaranteed and without the main stand and the revenues that would deliver,I cannot see how 3 sides would benefit the club.

And the alternative choice is?
Unless you know where the cash to pay for a completed stadium is? We have to do what we can do.
Roots Hall is way past purpose. It has been left to decay to the point where there just is no longer an choice!

Can't we just sell naming rights to fund the Roots Hall maintenance? My choice would be "Heinz Scotch Broth Hall" ;)

And the alternative choice is?
Unless you know where the cash to pay for a completed stadium is? We have to do what we can do.
Roots Hall is way past purpose. It has been left to decay to the point where there just is no longer an choice!

Buid the main stand first with one temp covered stand opposite....the main stand would generate plenty of money...5000 seats,bars,restaurants,boxes and Corp facilities....its folly adding it in the future because no date has been set in stone and what enforcement is available if the parent company goes under.

No, it's always been more of an assumption I've had. So is the debt to Ron personally rather than the company who own the ground?

Our debt is to several companies, but the part of the accounts which lists debts to ditectors of the club does not show anything to RM.
The bulk of our debt is ri associated companies So thats RHL, SEL and MD

I can see your point.

But more often than not a new stadium brings not just financial rewards in the shape of increased revenue, but generally an upturn on the pitch.

Of course there are plenty that buck that trend. Darlington are probably the best example and maybe even Rushden and diamonds. You could even add col u and chesterfield to that list.

But the clubs that have benefitted have far outweighed the above.

Swansea
Hull
Reading
Rotherham
Cardiff
Brighton
Burton
Wigan

There are also a few which have been hit and miss.

West ham
Arsenal
Derby
Sunderland
Middlesborough
Coventry

Its better to have ambition than not. Fwiw I think any stadium we build will have 4 sides. It's the main stand that brings revenue.

I would rather, like most blues fans see roots hall redeveloped, but sadly it's not viable.

I understand you're an accountant?....can you explain the "admin costs" to us mortals.

No I am not an accountant, I have no formal qualifications.
But the admin costs are not detailed on the Balance sheet ,as such, but given that the office staff wages, groundstaff, police costs, utilities , maintenance plus the fee to MD for RMs time which has been discussed on here before, are not detailed either , I would assume that they form part of it , as they have to be in their somewhere. wouldnt you concur ?

I can see your point.

But more often than not a new stadium brings not just financial rewards in the shape of increased revenue, but generally an upturn on the pitch.

Of course there are plenty that buck that trend. Darlington are probably the best example and maybe even Rushden and diamonds. You could even add col u and chesterfield to that list.

But the clubs that have benefitted have far outweighed the above.

Swansea
Hull
Reading
Rotherham
Cardiff
Brighton
Burton
Wigan

There are also a few which have been hit and miss.

West ham
Arsenal
Derby
Sunderland
Middlesborough
Coventry

Its better to have ambition than not. Fwiw I think any stadium we build will have 4 sides. It's the main stand that brings revenue.

I would rather, like most blues fans see roots hall redeveloped, but sadly it's not viable.

Swansea look relegated
Hull maybe relegated
Reading PO
Rotherham relegated
Cardiff mid table
Brighton promoted
Burton are frankly incredible
Wigan another relegation
Westham lower mid table
Arsenal 2 cups only not good enough
Derby always fail
Sunderland doomed
Boro look doomed
Coventry may go out of business

Add
Doncaster league 2 champs possibly

I would argue apart from Rotherham Burton and possibly Wigan,those other clubs are far bigger than we will ever be,better support and bigger stadiums with revenues pouring in,yet it means little in the world of football.

No I am not an accountant, I have no formal qualifications.
But the admin costs are not detailed on the Balance sheet ,as such, but given that the office staff wages, groundstaff, police costs, utilities , maintenance plus the fee to MD for RMs time which has been discussed on here before, are not detailed either , I would assume that they form part of it , as they have to be in their somewhere. wouldnt you concur ?

As you say without detail its Impossible to understand.

Buid the main stand first with one temp covered stand opposite....the main stand would generate plenty of money...5000 seats,bars,restaurants,boxes and Corp facilities....its folly adding it in the future because no date has been set in stone and what enforcement is available if the parent company goes under.

Sounds like your one stand plus temp stand might have a capacity of under 10,000. Two sides and less incentive for new fans than attending Roots Hall. Great plan!

Can't we just sell naming rights

How about "the Stobart Air Stadium"? The SAS has a certain ring to it........

Swansea look relegated
Hull maybe relegated
Reading PO
Rotherham relegated
Cardiff mid table
Brighton promoted
Burton are frankly incredible
Wigan another relegation
Westham lower mid table
Arsenal 2 cups only not good enough
Derby always fail
Sunderland doomed
Boro look doomed
Coventry may go out of business

Add
Doncaster league 2 champs possibly

I would argue apart from Rotherham Burton and possibly Wigan,those other clubs are far bigger than we will ever be,better support and bigger stadiums with revenues pouring in,yet it means little in the world of football.

If only all those teams had a stadium just like RH they would be so much better off.

As you say without detail its Impossible to understand.
I didnt say it was impossible to understand, what I said was , that by looking at what else is obviously there but not detailed ( most of the running costs of the non playing side) you can make a reasonable assumption.
Mind you my assumption could be way off, because I am assuming that you have read the accounts and are basing your coments on the contents.

I didnt say it was impossible to understand, what I said was , that by looking at what else is obviously there but not detailed ( most of the running costs of the non playing side) you can make a reasonable assumption.
Mind you my assumption could be way off, because I am assuming that you have read the accounts and are basing your coments on the contents.

Never eyed the contents I'm afraid....all I know is the club are losing £20,000 every week year on year and that is rather crazy.

Back