• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

France ot Germany?

Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Got the train in to work today with a French girl that I know well. Anyway she was saying how great France is. Now since I went to the World Cup last year I have fallen in love with Germany in all shapes and forms.

I just cant get enough of the place.

She said Germany is a cack place to visit and the people are knobs.

I just cant have this so I ask you the good people of SZone to decide.

DtS

Never been Germany, and my 'to-be' girlfriend is from France, so I'm going to have to say France.

I've never been to either. But i liked the culture in Holland (which i'm guessing is similar to Germany), plus the Germans make me laugh so i'm going for Deutschland.

France for me hands down ...especially the South..I didnt know the German's had a sense of humour.

For me this question has a simple answer. The oktoberfest. The BEST beer festival in the world and something every bloke should do in their lifetime. If you like wine, france is your answer. I visited france an awful lot as until recently my wife wouldn't fly so we were limited as far as family holidays go and although France is a beautiful place, and the breads there second to none Germany will always get my vote. France is a place for relaxing and Germany is a get up and go sort of place.

been to both lots of times and germany is definitely my favourite. generally the germans are much more friendly and while france has the ladies.. germany has the beer!

Last edited:
I've only been to Calais and Boulogne in France and Wacken in Germany (for a festival) so my experience in these countries is limited, although I found most Germans i met at the festival to be complete pricks but the hospitality of the local folk is something i've never seen before.

Wacken in a metal festival in a little village called Wacken, amazing hugh! It's on farmland and the village is basically one road that stretches for a few miles and all throughout the festival, the locals set up breakfast diners, sell cheap booze in their gardens! You can get a fry-up for 2 euro and a bottle of Jagermeister for 7/8 euros! For that cracking hospitality i'm gonna vote Germany...but only for the locals in Wacken who welcome 60,000 metalheads in to their village every summer, legends! :D

Purely for the fact that the French know how to speak English, however in whatever situation they just damn right refuse to speak it, which makes Germany the winner for me.

Anywhere you go in the world, the people of said nation do not like France for that very reason. Yes, understandably you should try to speak the native language of the country, however sometimes that is not always possible and that just makes the French arrogant & rude IMO.

Ooh, a real toughy. I actually love both France and Germany... but France just edges it for me.

France has tons of coastline and beaches, Germany has little. France 1 - 0 Germany
Germans are clearly much lovelier people than the French. France 1 - 1 Germany
French wine is amazing... France 2 - 1 Germany
...as is German beer! France 2 - 2 Germany
France has incredible culture - it gave Impressionism to the world! France 3 - 2 Germany
Come on, Germany is the capital of cool right now, and was in the 30s with things like Jungendstil and Bauhaus. France 3 - 3 Germany

Sauerkraut und Schnitzel, or French cuisine...?!

Full time: France 4 - 3 Germany

It was close, but France just pips it... it's probably why I have more French mates than German mates, why I tend to go skiing in France rather than Germany, and why I go to France more often. Although that's probably a shame, as there's no doubt that Germany is a lovely place, and I've had a fantastic time every time I've been there.

:)

Purely for the fact that the French know how to speak English, however in whatever situation they just damn right refuse to speak it, which makes Germany the winner for me.

Anywhere you go in the world, the people of said nation do not like France for that very reason. Yes, understandably you should try to speak the native language of the country, however sometimes that is not always possible and that just makes the French arrogant & rude IMO.

That is quite simply bollocks, ok it might happen in places like Paris but the rest of France is completely different and much better IMO.
I have to say I've always found Parisians rude but if you go to anywhere else in the country everyone is very helpful. Just about every French person I know hates Parisians for this reason. Its just a shame that just about every tourist ends up going there and having to put up with them so generally have a bad experience. Imagine if every tourist coming to England ended up spending 2 weeks on a council estate in Darlington, just think how they would judge England/ the English.

Wacken in a metal festival in a little village called Wacken, amazing hugh! It's on farmland and the village is basically one road that stretches for a few miles and all throughout the festival, the locals set up breakfast diners, sell cheap booze in their gardens! You can get a fry-up for 2 euro and a bottle of Jagermeister for 7/8 euros! For that cracking hospitality i'm gonna vote Germany...but only for the locals in Wacken who welcome 60,000 metalheads in to their village every summer, legends! :D

That would be the famous Wacken Skiffle meet then Al I take it ...Oh and by the way who is Hugh ?:p

Back