• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Francis Laurent

Rayleigh boy

Directorā­
accordingto Tilly phoned in at 12.30 Tuessday morning with a sore hamstring -

sounds like hes either throwing a sicky (when we are very short) or going somewhere else -

goes a some way to explaining the tactical chaos and hes obviously let the club down ......

if he had real fitness doubts he should have let the boss know the day before or earlier on tuesday morning -

and the real pepole hes let down are his team mates and supporters -

Tilly said in the interveiw after the game that laurant went for a scan and damage was confirmed.

Meaning Scannell will get a game even though he was total dross against Milwall, and therein lies the problem, half the side should be sitting on the bench, but what do you do with only 14 or 15 players.

Meaning Scannell will get a game even though he was total dross against Milwall, and therein lies the problem, half the side should be sitting on the bench, but what do you do with only 14 or 15 players.

I didn't see Scannell against Millwall, but he didn't sound that bad on the radio except he lacked the belief and confidence to take on his full back.

I'd much rather have Laurent out on the flank, because even when he is playing pants like he did against Wycombe, you still think he can make something happen. He has us on the edge of our seats during most matches, think back to Hartlepool at home. I thought Scannell played well on Saturday, yet you jus didn't think he'd create something, or make something happen.

He seems to have lost a bit of weight, and gained a yard in pace, now he just needs some belief and confidence, but that can't be helped when people appear to be making him the scapegoat.

Laurent I felt was below par against Wycombe, needs to lift his head and start putting in some good balls into the area. Scannell is getting a lot of bad press, yes, he isn't the best player we've ever seen, and against Millwall again he wasn't the best, but he did try.

If we can please start with two strikers, Paterson and Spencer with Laurent whipping in some balls, I think we will get goals.

Two days since Millwall and, maybe i'm high on lemsip, but i'm feeling upbeat. The backs against the wall fighting talk from Barrett has let me know the players know the very real situation we're in, and if Laurant is fit and we have two upfront this weekend we might just grind out a result.......

We really need to get atleast a point against Swindon, I would be happy with one, I know alot of you wouldn't but it will be a confidence booster going in to the even harder games we have coming up.

Back