• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy's quotes

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
Has anyone else been slightly peeved off by Freddy's quotes in the national and local press recently about moving on?

Whilst we all know, and accept, that Freddy will move on at some point in the future, probably January, it leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth that he is now openly coming out and saying he wants a Premiership Club to come in for him so he can move.

Of course he wants that, and he is entitled to it after what he has done for us, but I would imagine Ron and Co are getting a little hacked off with him coming out and publicly saying this, especially given Ron's stance on keeping him for the remainder of the season.

Freddy should remember he is commited to us, is our player and he really ought to keep quiet about moving to another club until it happens, which it will.

He should think before he speaks really, and more comments like for the time being I am committed to Southend's cause and getting them out of the predicament they are currently in wouldnt go amiss.

Unfortunately, football isnt all about scoring the winner against Man Utd!!

As long as we get enough money to invest in the squad im not that bothered. I would love to keep eastwood, but if it comes down to staying in the league and building or having eastwood in league 1 then its no contest.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but thats not my issue really.

I know he is going, and I will wish him all the best when he does, but for the time being, he shouldnt, IMO, be spouting off about how he desperatetly wants a Prem club to come and buy him, he is after all, still our player

From the Echo

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 14 2006,12:59)]Has anyone else been slightly peeved off by Freddy's quotes in the national and local press recently about moving on?

Whilst we all know, and accept, that Freddy will move on at some point in the future, probably January, it leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth that he is now openly coming out and saying he wants a Premiership Club to come in for him so he can move.

Of course he wants that, and he is entitled to it after what he has done for us, but I would imagine Ron and Co are getting a little hacked off with him coming out and publicly saying this, especially given Ron's stance on keeping him for the remainder of the season.

Freddy should remember he is commited to us, is our player and he really ought to keep quiet about moving to another club until it happens, which it will.

He should think before he speaks really, and more comments like for the time being I am committed to Southend's cause and getting them out of the predicament they are currently in wouldnt go amiss.

Unfortunately, football isnt all about scoring the winner against Man Utd!!
Totally agree RC. I don't like it when players try and 'engineer' a move. They annoying thing in this case is that Freddy doesn't actually need to - the clubs will be forming an orderly queue in due course anyway.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Freddy expressing an opinion. The fact that he doesn't use an open forum to do so, shouldn't make any difference.

His come and get me call will only benefit the club and maximise the transfer fee we eventually get for him, so the more attention he draws to the fact, the better.

I just hope he isn't sold to a rival Championship club. That would leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

Sure Freddy has done a lot for this club..This club has also done a lot for him..
Its hardly going to help negotiations when any potential buyers know he desperatly wants out.. Also between now and then it would hardly kill him to keep his mouth shut about leaving and talk up our attempt to stay up..
It could make the difference between 1.5 mill and 3 mill

Totally agree RC!

We all know he's going but he should shut up about it and pay a little respect to the club that gave him the chance to show the footballing world what a player he is.

He is, after all, still under contract to SUFC
mad.gif

I hope he doesn't go on too much and spoil what should be an amicable parting
down.gif

If Freddy seriously wanted out, he would be totally disinterested in helping Southend's cause and would be spitting his dummy out at every opportunity.

I haven't seen any evidence of this.

If you asked him seriously, I am sure he would say "I love my football and unless I am guaranteed regular first team, I will stay at Southend"

I won't swear by it, but I reckon he will still be here beyond January.

Lets not forget, if Ron does not like the offers that do come in he will say NO, and that would be that. I think three million up front would do for ron, i read grays have fifteen per cent sell on clause.

Still be here after January!!!

A pint of what you've had please
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RootsHallRush @ Nov. 14 2006,13:38)]Still be here after January!!!

A pint of what you've had please
tounge.gif

tounge.gif
There's nothing extraordinary about the possibility of him staying beyond January...
rock.gif

I agree that the odds are he will go, but I fancy my chances of being right after we beat ManU last week!!! If you'd told me that before the game, I would have been checking your beer!!!
tounge.gif

I as always am on the side of Richard Cadette,

Love the man and will miss his talents imensley but I really would like him to be a bit reluctant to move. I know he wants his dream move but have felt his blatent attempts to get a move are a bit undermining to the club.

Still good luck and thanks for all you have done. Will be missed.
down.gif

Yep, can only echo what most of said..

None of us will begrudge him a move to the big time, he deserves it and I really hope he goes on to be one of the best strikers in Britain....

But, he really should be showing a little bit of decorum, to openly come out and say the thing's he has is very disappointing and if not a little disrespectful to both the supporters and the club who have treated him so, so well.

sad.gif

its the same old quote being recycled again and again ---

and players have to say something when put on the spot ....

- I would not pay it any attention.

I don't think Freddy Eastwoods talent is going to diminish if he stays with us to june 07. Having more success at this level might enhance his game and prepare him better for a bigger stage.

And more than anything hes his own man and will do what he wants and I don't think he will be blown away by fancy dan talk.

I think the most important thing is that he goes somewhere where he will be able to develop his game rather than being
expected to be superman and save some crap manager his job -

Back