• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy and Barnard Get Good Comments in Sportsmail ( Inside the Daily Mail)

Heskey

Coach
Both are mentioned in the " ALL THE FIZZ OF THE COCA-COLA FOOTBALL LEAGUE" by IVAN SPECK Section

Barnard was mentioned in the scouts corner bit where they talk about him finally settling in a club and doing well. They say Southend would appreciate the money. They value him at an impressive £700,000. I get the feeling that Barnard wouldnt want to leave because of his time at Tottenham being loaned out six times , hes settled and musst be loving it ,surely ;)

Freddy is in the Remember me? bit just talking about his hatrick.

I don't care whether they know that or not, just as long as a Championship chairman reads that without doing his research and ends up paying £700k for him!

Out of Contract at the end of this season. I was not aware. Guaranteed exit in January then. Cheers. Is he in contract negotiations?

Out of Contract at the end of this season. I was not aware. Guaranteed exit in January then. Cheers. Is he in contract negotiations?

None that we know about.
The club have asked to open negotiations but as far as we know it is likely to be another Clarkey type situation where the player and agent wind down the existing contract and go somewhere else for 50% more money.

If we did get a few in January I'd say it would be no more than £100k (which I suppose would still be decent seeing as we only allegedly paid £30k for him from Spurs).

None that we know about.
The club have asked to open negotiations but as far as we know it is likely to be another Clarkey type situation where the player and agent wind down the existing contract and go somewhere else for 50% more money.

If we did get a few in January I'd say it would be no more than £100k (which I suppose would still be decent seeing as we only allegedly paid £30k for him from Spurs).

I think it will depend on how well we are positioned at the end of January whether we sell him or not. £100k would not be good money if it meant that without his goals we got dragged deep into a relegation fight.

Using some quick and basic maths, Barnard's goals have earnt us 20 out of 26 points.

None that we know about.

Its a tough call...

£100k in the bank would not really be £100k by the time we have paid agents fees, Barneys cut etc...also if we got relegated I expect we would lose more than £100k in lost revenue...We also would I assume struggle to replace him....

That said I dont want to loose him for nothing like Clarke, Gower etc....

I'd want at least 200k considering he's out of contract. 400k+ if not. I'd rather keep him than have the money though, if possible, he's a goalscorer.

Sadly another Peter Clarke saga SUFC wanted to talk to Lee Barnard about his contract renewal and he wants to concentrate on his football..lol

So will be another freebie in June leaving the Shrimpers

Should Steve drop him now ???

If a Championship team want to buy Barney in the Jan transfer window and pay £700,000 for him, it may save them millions in the long run. If they are buying Barney to score the goals to save relegation, then £700,000 is a small price to pay. Relegation to L1 will cost them a lot more than £700,000. If they don't buy him, hoping to gey him for free in the summer, they may well get releagated and it won't matter by then, so all this talk of waiting till the summer to get him for nothing when his contract expires is rubbish. If someone puts in a bid for him, it will be to buy him to help them out of a hole this season.

If a Championship team want to buy Barney in the Jan transfer window and pay £700,000 for him, it may save them millions in the long run. If they are buying Barney to score the goals to save relegation, then £700,000 is a small price to pay. Relegation to L1 will cost them a lot more than £700,000. If they don't buy him, hoping to gey him for free in the summer, they may well get releagated and it won't matter by then, so all this talk of waiting till the summer to get him for nothing when his contract expires is rubbish. If someone puts in a bid for him, it will be to buy him to help them out of a hole this season.

That is not the way round it works on the basis of season after season. Teams prayer on a footballer not signing a new contract and put this to the player's contracted club. The agents are more than likely going to let club's know the more exact situation if it works out in their favour in the long run!

That is not the way round it works on the basis of season after season. Teams prayer on a footballer not signing a new contract and put this to the player's contracted club. The agents are more than likely going to let club's know the more exact situation if it works out in their favour in the long run!

I don't understand much of that at all. A team wants Barney to keep them from relegation. Are they going to wait till the end of the season to get him for free? No, they need him now for a purpose. May not be £700,000, I was just using this as the figure quoted at the start of the thread.

Well you could be right if a club in the Champ who want him are relegation candidates. If on the other hand a club is scouting him who can afford to wait, then i think they will and do a deal with him in the summer.

Alright maybe that was a bit over the top, but I don't see anyone else banging them in every week!

Anyway I haven't seen him say he doesn't want to be here!

No he hasn't come out and said he doesn't want to be here, or that he wants to leave. He said he was concentrating on his football, which is fair enough. I imagine Tilly is onto RM everyday trying to get this sorted, and RM is onto Barnard's agent about it as well.

Barnard has been superb for us, this season, and since he has joined us.

I said this to my mate at the game on Saturday. I'm still holding out hope that Barnard will sign a new deal. He is a local lad, playing some of the best football of his career. He hasn't been prolific out on loan from Spurs before hand, and has always been prone to injuries, yet this season bar one fitness scare, he has been fit (Touch wood) and firing.

If it was Revell/Walker or Freedman in Barnard's place for example in the same situation I wouldn't hold out much hope of them signing a new deal but I do for Barney.

As for transfer fees, I'd be extremely disappointed if he went for anything under £300K. In the transfer market these days that would be a bargain and even if Tilson was given all £300K to spend, he is unlikely to find someone who works as hard, and has such an impressive scoring rate for that money.

No he hasn't come out and said he doesn't want to be here, or that he wants to leave. He said he was concentrating on his football, which is fair enough. I imagine Tilly is onto RM everyday trying to get this sorted, and RM is onto Barnard's agent about it as well.

Barnard has been superb for us, this season, and since he has joined us.

I said this to my mate at the game on Saturday. I'm still holding out hope that Barnard will sign a new deal. He is a local lad, playing some of the best football of his career. He hasn't been prolific out on loan from Spurs before hand, and has always been prone to injuries, yet this season bar one fitness scare, he has been fit (Touch wood) and firing.

If it was Revell/Walker or Freedman in Barnard's place for example in the same situation I wouldn't hold out much hope of them signing a new deal but I do for Barney.

As for transfer fees, I'd be extremely disappointed if he went for anything under £300K. In the transfer market these days that would be a bargain and even if Tilson was given all £300K to spend, he is unlikely to find someone who works as hard, and has such an impressive scoring rate for that money.

Agree with all of that! Hopefully we can offer he a good contract.

Back