• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Injured ??

All this talk about Should he be dropped ? ( No IMHO ) Are we a better team without him ? ( No IMHO ) may be irrelavant as Freddy did not appear on the training ground today . Maybe he was having some treatment on his back spasms . Also a source at Boots and Laces ( who has been 100 % accurate with previous info ) says Freds need for a bandage on his right hand was the result of a scrap with some Gypsies . Mabe thats how his back was injured too , although he did miss training last week too , so maybe his early substitution v. Preston was not a surprise to Tilly , Brush n co ?

Don't know whether Freddy will be injured for Saturday.

However, i have also heard the rumour about him getting in a ruck (don't know whether it was with gypsies or not though!). Whether there is any truth to this rumour i'm though, i'm not sure.

Also a source at Boots and Laces ( who has been 100 % accurate with previous info ) says Freds need for a bandage on his right hand was the result of a scrap with some Gypsies . Mabe thats how his back was injured too

Then maybe he should concentrate more on his football than his gypsy pursuits, should'nt he? One player is not bigger than the club.

Then maybe he should concentrate more on his football than his gypsy pursuits, should'nt he? One player is not bigger than the club.

Yeah right on.

I heard he told Tilson he didnt need to train with the team anymore as he is far too good for this club and he wanted to go off and fight Gypsies in the mornings from now on in bare knuckle boxing competitions.

Deserves to be dropped, the lazy B******.

Whats he ever done for us !
Boooo !!! Rubbish !

Last edited:
Yeah right on.

I heard he told Tilson he didnt need to train with the team anymore as he is far too good for this club and he wanted to go off and fight Gypsies in the mornings from now on in bare knuckle boxing competitions.

Boooo !!! Rubbish !

maybe true, may not be but i do find it hard to belive

Yeah right on.

Boooo !!! Rubbish !
whaoooo!!! calm down hes not been proven to have done anything, yet this thread is full of ifs.
on reading your post again i think there could be some sarcasm if so sorry to you but others are posting this stuff anyway and if not then he has clearly done alot for us.

whaoooo!!! calm down hes not been proven to have done anything, yet this thread is full of ifs.
on reading your post again i think there could be some sarcasm if so sorry to you but others are posting this stuff anyway and if not then he has clearly done alot for us.

Josh,i think Jam Man's post was firmly tongue in cheek and his feelings to the matter are totally opposite.

Josh,i think Jam Man's post was firmly tongue in cheek and his feelings to the matter are totally opposite.

I'm glad someone spotted it before me!

However, still think it was an overreaction to Genial Harry Grout stating he should forget the rucks with the gypsies and concentrate on his football. He is paid by SUFC and should consider his job in his personal life too. In this day and age footballers have a duty to keep themselves and their club in a good public light too.

If I came into my office battered and bruised, which then affected my performance at work, it really wouldn't go down too well. Obviously this is all based on the alleged rumour being true, he could easily have hurt his hand just falling over at B&L's!

Haven't got involved in the whole Freddy this, Freddy that posts this week as think most of them are OTT.

I remember speaking to a few of the players a couple of years ago though, and how they just sometimes wish they could do 'normal' things. One was to get completely drunk in a bar, without it affecting their fitness. The other one example was wintersports, which they couldn't participate in due to the risk of injury. Just think maybe Freddy either isn't considering the clubs interests (or just too stupid) to be giving second thoughts at the moment for his own well being either IF he is going out getting drunk every night of the week and now allegedly getting into scraps.

snatch-0103.jpg

Fred's Idol

''Ya look like a boxer''

I remember speaking to a few of the players a couple of years ago though, and how they just sometimes wish they could do 'normal' things. One was to get completely drunk in a bar, without it affecting their fitness. The other one example was wintersports, which they couldn't participate in due to the risk of injury.

Poor diddums, in a job virtually all of us would give up our left arm for.

I've only met one player who didn't drink during the season, and that was Drewe.

:(

Poor diddums, in a job virtually all of us would give up our left arm for.

Interesting one. Personally, I wouldn't give up my left arm to play football, unless it was the very top level. You still have to work when you retire at 35(avg.). What kind of job do you get when you have been a League One footballer for 15 years with no qualifications and no work experience. And I would bet, the average player wouldn't have had the intelligence to put savings away either.

Personally, I hope I am in a much better position to support myself than the average lower division professional footballer when I'm 35.

It depends on how you look at it, when I was younger, by that I mean in my teens I didn't appreciate money or my future. I would have given both of my arms to play professional football, but now I wouldn't ever consider it unless it was a guarantee that I would never have to work again after retiring.

Bretty Angell is a perfect example of how a well paid footballer, then landed up working in Tesco's for 6 quid an hour aged 36(ish!). Would you want that? Personally, I wouldn't.

Interesting one. Personally, I wouldn't give up my left arm to play football, unless it was the very top level. You still have to work when you retire at 35(avg.). What kind of job do you get when you have been a League One footballer for 15 years with no qualifications and no work experience. And I would bet, the average player wouldn't have had the intelligence to put savings away either.

Personally, I hope I am in a much better position to support myself than the average lower division professional footballer when I'm 35.

It depends on how you look at it, when I was younger, by that I mean in my teens I didn't appreciate money or my future. I would have given both of my arms to play professional football, but now I wouldn't ever consider it unless it was a guarantee that I would never have to work again after retiring.

Bretty Angell is a perfect example of how a well paid footballer, then landed up working in Tesco's for 6 quid an hour aged 36(ish!). Would you want that? Personally, I wouldn't.

I think those are valid points. It's a tough one - but as most League Two players earn much more than the average wage for on average of let's say 12years, if they haven't got the intelligence to invest that into their future, then that's their problem.

What kind of job would you get? Well, that's what the PFA helps you with - educating ex-pros and so on.

Interesting one. Personally, I wouldn't give up my left arm to play football, unless it was the very top level. You still have to work when you retire at 35(avg.). What kind of job do you get when you have been a League One footballer for 15 years with no qualifications and no work experience.

Erm, I think your biggest problem would be that you only have one arm. Have you ever tried typing anything substantial with one hand?? Admittedly, you still have the more adept one but even so.

:confused:

I can't tie my laces
I don't play the flute
My car is an automatic
I can't paint my nails
I never applaud
I'm not very good at Twister
And when my laptop crashes
I can't even press control-alt-delete
Cos I've got one hand

Originally Posted by Amateur Transplants
I can't tie my laces