• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy

getting bored of this now, would be very surprised if he did leave

Of course there is going to be specualtion about Freddy. His at a relatively small Club (Well League One club) and is doing well for himself. I'd be surprised if there wasn't specualtion about him.

In various papers today there has been speculation about Lee Trundle and Nathan Tyson joining bigger Clubs, so it isn't just us.

I quite like all the rumours, it shows he must be doing something right. Am surprised his the only one being linked with bigger Clubs.

Heard this again recently. But I recall Geoff King stating that we would'nt sell for Ā£1m to MU. Freddie is happy (but must play!). HE is worth more than 500 to us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Oct. 20 2005,13:28)]Heard this again recently. But I recall Geoff King stating that we would'nt sell for Ā£1m to MU. Freddie is happy (but must play!). HE is worth more than 500 to us.
He seems a lot more hungry this season than last season. Ok - last season he was awesome but this season there seems to be another dimenson to his game - he has more hunger. I saw it against Forest and Rushden. He always wanted the ball, wanted to be involved in everything. Think that time on the sidelines has done him good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Oct. 20 2005,13:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Oct. 20 2005,13:28)]Heard this again recently. But I recall Geoff King stating that we would'nt sell for Ā£1m to MU. Freddie is happy (but must play!). HE is worth more than 500 to us.
He seems a lot more hungry this season than last season. Ok - last season he was awesome but this season there seems to be another dimenson to his game - he has more hunger. I saw it against Forest and Rushden. He always wanted the ball, wanted to be involved in everything. Think that time on the sidelines has done him good.
He now realises he isn't the first name on the teamsheet anymore, and realises when he is given a run out (Be it from the bench or covering a player that is (resting/ injured/ suspended) that he needs to prove himself to the management and coaching staff, and probably to the fans again.

He wants the more a lot more now then before because he is desperate to impress and make himself a regular again. He has time on his side and will still improve, which is a frightening though, how good is he going to become. I think a touch of selfishness is creaping backing into his game. When we first got him he shoot from every angle and always seemed to hit the target, he could have played the simple ball or given others a better scoring chance but took the shot on. Then Tilly drummed into him to bring others into play, and he did that superbly, setting up a number of goal. But now he is desperate to impress again and is taking the shot on when its easier to lay the ball off, ala Forest, he could of given JCR a great chance to net his first Southend United goal but instead took the shot on.

Hopefully Tilly and Brush can get him bringing others into play again. He does seem to work more now then he did previously, which is a very good thing.

Back