• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Free stuff.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I have just been handed a large box of McVities breakfast biscuits whilst walking past Bank station.

Free samples have been a bit thin on the ground lately. Has anyone received anything decent recently?

My best result was five cans of pre mix gin and tonics from Liverpool Street about ten years ago.

I thought they were pretty good.

I like the idea of biscuits for breakfast. It's like being on the space shuttle.

They were free, that's as good as it got for me. I've got two boxes to get through though as I was feeling particularly greedy and thought I would take advantage of the Bank Station / Cheapside handouts.

In your face Mr MacVitie!

All we get at c2c are people handing out free travel wallets and people blocking the escalators begging for charity donations. Don't need a bucket shook in my face at 7 in the morning.

Best thing I got was £20 at London Bridge station though just before Christmas, that said, it wasn't handed out per-se.

I got a banana one morning.

Austerity has hit hard. I don't even get a free newspaper thrust into my hands these days.

Not sure it counts as a freebie as such but I did a mortgage for a woman that worked at the company that produce Peppa Pig. Just before Xmas a box arrived address to my daughter. On Christmas day we opened it and she had sent DVD's, an Umbrella, Model figures, Calenders etc it was excellent.

Also went into Outstanding Branding last year and go a cool stress cow and a boomarang for the kids. Well worth a visit.

I find it a little odd that people are happy to ingest something that's been placed into their hand in a public place by someone they don't know and will likely never see again.

I thought those biscuits were quite nice. Porridge in a biscuit is quite a good desk snack. Fantastic for dunking as well... infact, got one pack left, think i'll stick the kettle on!:thumbsup:

Not sure it counts as a freebie as such but I did a mortgage for a woman that worked at the company that produce Peppa Pig. Just before Xmas a box arrived address to my daughter. On Christmas day we opened it and she had sent DVD's, an Umbrella, Model figures, Calenders etc it was excellent.

Also went into Outstanding Branding last year and go a cool stress cow and a boomarang for the kids. Well worth a visit.

I used their ice scraper this morning.

Thanks Chaps, nothing like a freebie

I forgot to mention that I was given a much smaller free sample of a rival breakast biscuit at Fenchurch Street station last week.

It had a live yoghurt filling but in reality tasted like a sub standard custard cream.

1-0 McVities.

Back