• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freedman set for shock comeback

jackspratt

Youth Team
DOUGIE Freedman is set for a shock comeback in tonight’s clash against Hartlepool United.
The Scotsman, who has been out for a month with his latest thigh injury, had been expected to miss another fortnight of action.
But he returned to training yesterday and should be on the bench this evening.
“It’s good to have Dougie back and he will be involved in some capacity,” said Tilson.
“He’s a quality player and his experience is always useful.
“He came through training without any problems and it’s good to have him back.”
Freedman joined Blues from Crystal Palace in September but has been restricted to just 14 appearances during that time due to a succession of thigh injuries.
He has scored five goals and will be looking to get back onto the score-sheet tonight.
His comeback leaves James Walker (hamstring) and Alex Revell (broken leg) as the Shrimpers’ only absentees.

For goodness' sake! We have fit strikers, let's not risk him unless absolutely necessary please. We have harder games than this coming up and that's not denegrating Hartlepool.

For goodness' sake! We have fit strikers, let's not risk him unless absolutely necessary please. We have harder games than this coming up and that's not denegrating Hartlepool.

Too right- more worried about Dervite being out though. Is that dodgy centre-back pairing of AB & PC coming back? Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh...:thumbdown:

Hope not Rob, really hope Franno plays CB. He looked very good when he filled in there earlier in the season.

Too right- more worried about Dervite being out though. Is that dodgy centre-back pairing of AB & PC coming back? Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh...:thumbdown:

I hope not either Francis or Sankofa the Echo thinks Sankofa will partner Clarke.

Hope not Rob, really hope Franno plays CB. He looked very good when he filled in there earlier in the season.

Yes, me too- got universal good press here at the end of the year when called into service. Did alright at RB too last Saturday too and provided a good overlapping outlet when Scannell got sucked inside...

I'm sure, if he features at all, it will be for the last ten minutes or so...........
I doubt Tilly will risk him any longer. In truth, with no reserve games, there are not really any other options for easing your way back to match fitness. Really pleased to see him back, great guy, intelligent football brain and great ambassador for the game.

Not really on the Freedman topic ................possible return to England in the Summer
...............the wifehas started looking at dates in July. I have suggested that August would be better.....the weather will surely be nicer...............the fights wil certainly be cheaper (and.......thank God! .......they are). I'm sure, at the back of my mind, there was another reason for an August preference...........but didn't bother to mention that!

I highly doubt he will be starting. I believe he will start on the bench.

I'm sure, if he features at all, it will be for the last ten minutes or so...........
I doubt Tilly will risk him any longer. In truth, with no reserve games, there are not really any other options for easing your way back to match fitness. Really pleased to see him back, great guy, intelligent football brain and great ambassador for the game.

Yes but we thought exactly the same thing earlier in the season when he came back sooner than expected, cant remember who it was against but didnt he end up playing most of the second half.

Yes but we thought exactly the same thing earlier in the season when he came back sooner than expected, cant remember who it was against but didnt he end up playing most of the second half.

In the end, thankfully, it is down to Freedman, Tilly and the Physio as to his fitness to play...............I'm happy to leave it in their hands to decide IF and how Dougie's participation will be.

I didnt realise Freedman had only made 14 appearances, I knew it wasnt many but that is awful considering he is on about £3000 a week! That means in the seven months we have had him so far he has earned more than £6000 per appearance! Not bad money if you can get it.

I didnt realise Freedman had only made 14 appearances, I knew it wasnt many but that is awful considering he is on about £3000 a week! That means in the seven months we have had him so far he has earned more than £6000 per appearance! Not bad money if you can get it.

And your 3grand a week source is?

Yes, me too- got universal good press here at the end of the year when called into service. Did alright at RB too last Saturday too and provided a good overlapping outlet when Scannell got sucked inside...

Just maybe Scannell was told to 'tuck in' so that we could use Francis overlaps. Just a thought!!

Just maybe Scannell was told to 'tuck in' so that we could use Francis overlaps. Just a thought!!

My mate, who saw DS for the first time last week, thought that our wide man had been 'tucking in' too much. I tried to reassure him he wasn't fat, just his short legs make his torso look wider than it is! :)

And your 3grand a week source is?

Ive heard that a few times plus im sure ive read it on here before, ive also been told he is our highest earning player, to be honest I would be amazed if he wasnt on that, especially as it didnt cost us anything to sign him.

Presuming Freedman's comments when he signed that he wanted to be paid "whatever the other boys earn" mean that he's on the same sort of money as our top earners (Barrett & Clarke, I'd assume), I'd have thought he'd be on a lot less than £3,000 a week.

I don't think he'll start, sure we'll go with Robinson & Barnard and have Freedman on the bench, I don't think that would be rushing him back and by all reports Laurent hasn't exactly been setting the world alight lately.

Back