• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freedman set for shock comeback

Ive heard that a few times plus im sure ive read it on here before, ive also been told he is our highest earning player, to be honest I would be amazed if he wasnt on that, especially as it didnt cost us anything to sign him.

So you're just grasping any old figure and taking it as fact?

I don't think he'll start, sure we'll go with Robinson & Barnard and have Freedman on the bench, I don't think that would be rushing him back and by all reports Laurent hasn't exactly been setting the world alight lately.

Laurent's presence itself is quite unsettling for defences even when he's not razor-sharp. Along with Scannell, he came on to unhinge Hereford 2 weeks ago & I thought that the Carlisle defence were very aware of him. Pace and power is always a useful combo to have, but yeh Barney did look quite lively & classy when he came on for him...

Presuming Freedman's comments when he signed that he wanted to be paid "whatever the other boys earn" mean that he's on the same sort of money as our top earners (Barrett & Clarke, I'd assume), I'd have thought he'd be on a lot less than £3,000 a week.
Indeed. Besides, it's quite common on here for people to exaggerate wage figures, especially in the case of Shaun Goater, who was rumoured on here to be on 6k a week, when in fact he was on a quarter of that.

Indeed. Besides, it's quite common on here for people to exaggerate wage figures, especially in the case of Shaun Goater, who was rumoured on here to be on 6k a week, when in fact he was on a quarter of that.

Well thats just not true is it.

Ive heard that a few times plus im sure ive read it on here before, ive also been told he is our highest earning player, to be honest I would be amazed if he wasnt on that, especially as it didnt cost us anything to sign him.

Must be true then, obviously.

I think every time this subject has come up, the person "stating" this to be the case has been shouted down. Of course we don't know for sure, we can only go on the words of DF himself when he signed - and I don't consider he'd have lied so publicly.

I highly doubt he will be starting. I believe he will start on the bench.
Rememer Bristol Rovers, he was supposed to be injured, was shocked to see him warming up and then he started! I would rest him completely tonight, let him get back to at least 90% then consider it

Rememer Bristol Rovers, he was supposed to be injured, was shocked to see him warming up and then he started! I would rest him completely tonight, let him get back to at least 90% then consider it

Or Barney at Scunthorpe!!

We don't need to rush Doogie back.

Back