• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friday Football

Friday Football - You Decide?..

• More Friday games  

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less Friday game

• Happy with current amount

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So whats everyones opinions on Friday night games?.

Do you want more games under the floodlights, more games on the ' traditional ' Saturday afternoon or are you content with the current arrangement?.

Me personally.. I dont mind say 2 or 3 games on a Friday, but no more. Cant stand having nothing to do on Saturday's, except maybe getting dragged around the shops by her in doors!....not an option!..

Bring back Saturday football!!.

down.gif

I agree. I don't mind 3 or 4 a season but how many have we had this season?
wow.gif
Certainly more than most clubs. Saturday is for football and although the Friday games are usually good games and good crowds, Saturdays are then boring.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 18 2005,09:52)]I agree. I don't mind 3 or 4 a season but how many have we had this season?
wow.gif
Certainly more than most clubs. Saturday is for football and although the Friday games are usually good games and good crowds, Saturdays are then boring.
totally agree. also if we are doing well crowds would be up anyway on a Saturday, I would have a season ticket but as a shift worker its just not feasible with so many games on a friday
sad.gif

I personally love Friday Night Football - takes me back to the Webb Promotions....

However, I do prefer the idea of 8pm kick-offs, as getting back from London can be a problem (anyone who using C2C will back be up on this), and that extra 15 minutes is the difference between getting a bag of chips AND a couple of pints before the game. If anyone is lurking from the club, if we are to keep Friday night games, keep them as an 8pm kick off
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 18 2005,11:35)]If anyone is lurking from the club, if we are to keep Friday night games, keep them as an 8pm kick off
cool.gif
Dunno mate. Confused the hell out of me. Finding all nearby pubs full also didn't help much!!

I prefer Friday football - well any day under floodlights really.

There must be alot of people who play football Saturday afternoon who would prefer Friday night football

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC Employee @ April 18 2005,10:42)]I think there's a better atmosphere on Fridays
Theres a better atmosphere when we are winning, not just because of Friday nights!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 18 2005,11:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 18 2005,11:35)]If anyone is lurking from the club, if we are to keep Friday night games, keep them as an 8pm kick off  
cool.gif
Dunno mate.  Confused the hell out of me.  Finding all nearby pubs full also didn't help much!!
The Shrimpers Bar was fairly full, but was still letting people in right up 'till 7.45pm, when I left.... If you are a member, you could always pop in there for a pint - and if you aren't, join ! !
cool.gif

It's what saturdays were made for, im lost without footie on Saturdays!

I like the Friday night games. There's more atmosphere and it leaves the weekend free to enjoy other things like have a lie-in Saturday and Sunday! Whereas, the Saturday games break the whole day up.

Now, if there was a three day weekend... I'm sure there would be no complaints about Friday night football.

There is a solution, but I can't be bothered to tell you lot!!!
figure it out by yourselves!!!

Prefer Saturdays, as i work Friday nights i have to take half of my years holiday for SUFC games on a friday night!
mad.gif

Also, saturdays are boring without footy
down.gif
down.gif

Fed up of the bloody things. Saturday games have become a bit of a one off this season and that shouldn't be the case!

I'm sure the players will all vot for Fridays... straight down to TALK after the game!
wow.gif

saturdays all the way.. meet for breakfast, have a few drinks and can start again after match.. then hit the town, if we win

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,22:57)]saturdays all the way.. meet for breakfast, have a few drinks and can start again after match.. then hit the town, if we win
Friday nights all the way for me.

You can get away with clumping a northerner if we lose the game because its usually dark after the game. Even if we win then its also good doing this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 18 2005,23:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,22:57)]saturdays all the way.. meet for breakfast, have a few drinks and can start again after match.. then hit the town, if we win
Friday nights all the way for me.

You can get away with clumping a northerner if we lose the game because its usually dark after the game. Even if we win then its also good doing this.
lol.. so the motto is "clump a northerner"
how is it out there mate?

Back