• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friday Night

ICFnPROUD

Is it Grimsby Town you have to face on Friday night?

A team that have like yourselves fallen through the leagues in the past few years. I think they still consider themselves a big club and really they should be psuhing for promotion this season.

At home, your boys are as good as any team in league 2 and you must fancy your chances? Have they held onto any of their players from a few years back when they were in division 1?

I have got to say your strikeforce looks pretty good and it seems everyone knows about Freddy and Wayne at the moment. It would appear that when they get it together then they will be scoring for fun in this league.

It seems to me that you have a good little team spirit going on at the moment and I am I right in saying that you have changed your team and managers come to that a lot over the past few summer breaks?

Would like to hear your views...

Yes, it's Grimsby.

Yes, we fancy our chances. Don't think they've got any players left from then although I could be wrong. Like Oxford, they've got some decent players on paper, but for whatever reason (they seem to think their manager) it's not coming together on the pitch.

Fredy and Wayne are indeed frightening when they get it together whilst we've also got Dudfield and Tes who'd get into most teams in this league.

We've chopped and changed a lot recently yes, but despite his failings during the season, Steve Wignall brought in the nucleus of a very good squad last summer and we've just built on that this past summer so we are much more settled now. Tilson took charge a year to the day on Saturday.

We're gonna lose, the drop to the foot of the table has started, our run of luck has ended.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Nov. 22 2004,16:03)]We're gonna lose, the drop to the foot of the table has started, our run of luck has ended.
sad.gif
hoping for a reverse effect? or are you the most negative bloke in the southend?

We have nothing to worry about. We have two loses in a row (unless you include the mighty ESC), but Luton were quality, and you will never go the whole season unbeaten (in this league), so Yeovil is one of those places you kind of expect to lose. Even saying that our second half display nearly got us a point. All that said though, friday is a game that we need to win. We need Fredy and Wayne showing why they are attracting so much attention recently, and we need everyone to step up a gear without super Kev. Barrett and Prior have the intelligence to boss the team, but lets hope most can take resposibility for themselves.

If we play like we did in the second half of the Oxford game then we should be in with a decent shout - we seem much better at the Hall this season than in many previous, and Grimsby's results this year have been pretty average.

Sticking my neck out, I reckon Southend will nick it 2-1

Back