• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

friendly vs Sopot SK?

Loramski

Rumours about the Hall are that our Polish friends from Sopot have been in touch for a friendly as they read in tonight's Echo that Tilly is looking for one more game.

The Stag and he commercial dept has been in touch with Southend airport to enquire about flight offers for fans wanting to travel. Only 1hr 15min and it's £ 14.98 with Flybe to Gdanske, train from there is a fiver.

Wah hey Eruopean tour here we come!!

surely with a name like that you have a good sponorship deal for travel to poland.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Loramski @ June 01 2005,22:46)]Rumours about the Hall are that our Polish friends from Sopot have been in touch for a friendly as they read in tonight's Echo that Tilly is looking for one more game.

The Stag and he commercial dept has been in touch with Southend airport to enquire about flight offers for fans wanting to travel. Only 1hr 15min and it's £ 14.98 with Flybe to Gdanske, train from there is a fiver.

Wah hey Eruopean tour here we come!!
I really hope thats true - be a different day out! I'd definately go.

Can't see this happening, it would cost to much money for just a 1 off game, would be alot better if they were having a tour...

I've been to Sopot. It is a nice coastal town

In fact, I suspect I played a part in the two towns twinning as I was told by a town hall person that Sopot has the longest pleasure pier in the world. I kept quiet until I saw it (just in case) and when I did, gave it to him with both barrels. It was a little over 100 yards long!! I spent the evening telling all and sundry about Southend and its famous pier

Tomorrow. How I went round to Lech Walesa's house for a cup of tea - but he was out

Looks like they play their home games in the middle of the woods!..

From what i gather its a local athletics type ground with a running track around it and accomodates around 1,500 people...

Looks a bit like Brightons, Withdean Stadium, but smaller!...

Come on Ron get this sorted, we want to follow the mighty blues in Europe!..

laugh.gif

As i keep telling people at work we're 3 years away from the Champions League
biggrin.gif

lets get one thing straight first - the supposed game is just rumour at present. it would take a huge amount of re-arranging fixtures if this were to take place. for it to be feasible for the club it would only happen via a tour of poland. we know nothing about the quality of teams out there and so it would be a big risk commiting pre-season to this.
secondly, i dont think its fair it was made exclusive to shrimpers trust - which is what i am assuming you meant.for various reasons i decided to cancel my membership but it doesnt mean i dont support the club any less or would want to go to less games home or away. any plane that would cater for any supposed game should be made available to everyone via the usual conditions - S.T holders first then general sale - by the way i am not a S.T holder so this bears no weight on my view.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ June 02 2005,17:59)]we know nothing about the quality of teams out there
Tell you what, though... the quality of the beer (Zywiets, Okocim) and the women (Nicole off the Renault Clio adverts*) is second to none!

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Matt

(*Am I showing my age with that reference?)

oops.gif

Back