• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
Albion are weighing up whether to let Glen Rea stay at League One play-off candidates Southend United.
The Republic of Ireland under-21 international's loan spell at Roots Hall ends on Saturday.

Southend want to keep Rea, who can play at centre-half or in central midfield, for the rest of the season.

Albion manager Chris Hughton told The Argus: "No decision has been made on that. We were very much waiting to see how much football he gets. He is certainly enjoying it there and he has been involved.
"He probably hasn't had the amount of minutes he would have liked but, from our point of view, it's something we have to assess."

Rea has made seven starts and ten substitute appearances since joining Southend in August.
He was an unused substitute in their heavy home defeat by Millwall at Roots Hall today.

Don't see the point unless Prosser or Bolger are on their way.

Good player but could our budget be better spent elsewhere?

i don't think we really need him at the moment. i'd let him go then look at getting him again at the end of the season with a view to replacing Barrett and/or Prosser as I don't think Barrett can manage another season at this level sadly, legend though he is

Keeping Rea and letting Prosser go would make sense to me, and free up some wages.

I know Prosser is left sided but isn't Rea a right footer?

Drastic™;1817953 said:
Keeping Rea and letting Prosser go would make sense to me, and free up some wages.

Not to me it wouldn't.

Bolger has been out of favour for quite a while now, is he on his way at Rea's expense ?

Drastic™;1817953 said:

Makes a lot of sence to me.
Thompson Barrett Bolger and Rea (who can play midfield) are all ahead of Prosser. Do we need a fourth choice centre back.
Prosser. Piggott out on loan and bring a centre forward in too help Mooney and Hunt (when he is fit)

Back