• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Saw this today on the Footy mad Hull site

"Leon Constantine. Club: Southend United. Position: Forward. Age: 26.

Who is he?
After playing non-league for Edgware Town, he was picked up by Millwall in September 2000. He played just twice and was loaned out to Leyton Orient and Partick Thistle before moving to Brentford on a free transfer. He started twice and came off the bench 15 times in the league but failed to find the net once. After being released after just one year at Griffin Park he joined Southend on non-contract terms. He impressed enough to earn a one-year deal a month later. He's gone on to become one of the division's top scorers this season, netting 20 times in the league and 4 times in the LDV Trophy, which he has a Finalists medal for.

He is 6'2" in height, but is comfortable with the ball at his feet as he showed City at the KC Stadium back in September, scoring in the 3rd minute with a 25-yard drive. He is also Southend's designated penalty taker.

Have City said they want him?
Peter Taylor told the Hull Daily Mail (20/4/04): "Constantine is a very good player and he's scored a lot of goals this season. Am I interested in him? Yes. Will we be signing him? I honestly don't know.
"He's someone I have watched but we seem to be linked with just about every striker in the game at the moment. I hear I'm also in for Thierry Henry but for some reason he doesn't seem to want to come to Hull!"

Adam Pearson also revealed later that evening on BBC Radio Humberside that Constantine is a player City are interested in.

Would they sell him?
He only signed a one-year deal back in September so City should be able to pick him up on a free transfer in the summer."

Sounds a bit like speculation to me. As I've said before, it's nice to have players who are coveted by other clubs. In terms of landing Connie for next season, though, I'd say we're in pole position at the moment, wouldn't you?

rock.gif

Matt

The story about Connie going to Hull was in their local newspaper last night before the game aswell apparently.

Back