• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
From the Training Ground.

Lots of crossing and shooting practice today. Dickinson looked very sharp. He has one of the hardest shots I've seen in practice, just needs to keep them down tho, as too many went flying into the trees. I'm all for the power thing tho as it gives the goalie less time to react.
Paul Sturrock called the whole squad around him a few times, whatever he was saying, he clearly had the players attention, they all seem to listen and respect him. It looks like he means business against Oxford.
He seemed to be telling the back four to hold the line and keep shape when coming under attack.
Bilel seemed very happy and jovial. Blair was not happy about something.
Poor old Ferdinand, not only were the players calling him Ken, but he got one in the gonads, much to the amusement of the rest of the players as he lay on the pitch in agony. Must say tho, the team spirit looks really good.
Nice to see one of my old heroes as a kid from the Seventies, Bill Garner. A classy striker in his time with Southend.

Lots of crossing and shooting practice today. Dickinson looked very sharp. He has one of the hardest shots I've seen in practice, just needs to keep them down tho, as too many went flying into the trees. I'm all for the power thing tho as it gives the goalie less time to react.
Paul Sturrock called the whole squad around him a few times, whatever he was saying, he clearly had the players attention, they all seem to listen and respect him. It looks like he means business against Oxford.
He seemed to be telling the back four to hold the line and keep shape when coming under attack.
Poor old Ferdinand, not only were the players calling him Ken, but he got one in the gonads, much to the amusement of the rest of the players as he lay on the pitch in agony. Must say tho, the team spirit looks really good.
Nice to see one of my old heroes as a kid from the Seventies, Bill Garner. A classy striker in his time with Southend.

Interesting report. Thanks for posting. What time do the lads train? I might pop over there when I've got a day off.

They finish and have dinner about 12.30. They have already started by the time I get there, so can't tell you the start time. I normally get there between 11.00 and 11.45 when I go.

What was he doing there TSNB?

Used to go over to Basildon back in the early 90's when they used to train where the sporting village is now. You could sit right where they were training and could always get signatures and photos of the players.

Interesting report. Thanks for posting. What time do the lads train? I might pop over there when I've got a day off.

The first team players actually start at 10.30am sharp, though are there from 9.00am which is the earliest that I have arrived. I have been there on several times this season, starting back from pre-season. I am taking my UEFA B Licence and asked the Club if I may observe and take notes of the first team sessions. When Luggy first spoke to me, he was really interested in my badges and gave me some terrific advice. He even invited me down into the middle of a session on one occasion in order that I could observe the set up closer, and listen to his instructions. Coughlan has equally been brilliant and more than happy to have a chat, together with Ben and Stefan who do the medical and fitness side.

As a season ticket holder, it is great to be able to observe the coaching of the players you watch each week, and equally, to understand the set up, passages of play, team structure and mythology which Luggy is play too.

Equally, the players are always accommodating, Chris Baker, Blair, Bilel, Mark Philips and Neil Harris have always asked how I am progressing and come up for a chat when their finished.

I recommend it to anyone, and actually for those who study the game, it will give a much greater understanding of what the team are looking to achieve on a Saturday.

I am extremely grateful to the Club for making me welcome and being so helpful. You certainly wouldn't get that in any Premier or Championship set up !

What was he doing there TSNB?

GYS - he's on trial here. Sturrock likes his front men to be able to hold the ball up and Garner's experience is considered a real positive. I heard we turned down Boli to ensure we were under the wage cap and could sign Garner. We're now just waiting for the transfer embargo to be lifted and we'll be signing him and Terry Alderton as the final pieces in our promotion jigsaw. Watch this space.....

The first team players actually start at 10.30am sharp, though are there from 9.00am which is the earliest that I have arrived. I have been there on several times this season, starting back from pre-season. I am taking my UEFA B Licence and asked the Club if I may observe and take notes of the first team sessions. When Luggy first spoke to me, he was really interested in my badges and gave me some terrific advice. He even invited me down into the middle of a session on one occasion in order that I could observe the set up closer, and listen to his instructions. Coughlan has equally been brilliant and more than happy to have a chat, together with Ben and Stefan who do the medical and fitness side.

As a season ticket holder, it is great to be able to observe the coaching of the players you watch each week, and equally, to understand the set up, passages of play, team structure and mythology which Luggy is play too.

Equally, the players are always accommodating, Chris Baker, Blair, Bilel, Mark Philips and Neil Harris have always asked how I am progressing and come up for a chat when their finished.

I recommend it to anyone, and actually for those who study the game, it will give a much greater understanding of what the team are looking to achieve on a Saturday.

I am extremely grateful to the Club for making me welcome and being so helpful. You certainly wouldn't get that in any Premier or Championship set up !
Makes you even prouder to support a club whose manager,players and other staff are so approacable and helpful to a fellow supporter. Might have guessed as much thou when my mate Pak Power bumped into and had a lengthy chat with Luggy on a train up to Fenchurch Street. Could'nt get over what a smashing bloke he seemed............Best of luck with your qualifications NB.

That sounds great. Very nice how they have treated you very well plus sounds like a great idea to help you with what you are doing.

Makes you even prouder to support a club whose manager,players and other staff are so approacable and helpful to a fellow supporter. Might have guessed as much thou when my mate Pak Power bumped into and had a lengthy chat with Luggy on a train up to Fenchurch Street. Could'nt get over what a smashing bloke he seemed............Best of luck with your qualifications NB.

Thanks very much; much appreciated :thumbsup:

Back