• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Fulham To Bid £1 Million For Gary Hooper

BluesMike61

Youth Team
The Daily Mirror is today reporting that Fulham are preparing a £1 million bid for Gary Hooper.Are we in for a cut?

BluesMike61 said:
The Daily Mirror is today reporting that Fulham are preparing a £1 million bid for Gary Hooper.Are we in for a cut?
Yep, 25%. Not sure that's of Scunnies profit or the whole amount though.

That could be a great move for Hooper; top manager is Hodgson.

I saw Hodgson get out of his Merc at the Harrods Car Park when he was first appointed - he looked like an OAP - couldnt walk properly - and spoke to the car park attendant with a voice that sounded like he'd had a stroke! I thought to myself at the time thats Fulham relegated then. How wrong I was - he has been brilliant for Fulham and it just shows that you shouldnt judge someone on their appearance. I think he should get manager of the season for what he has done at Fulham.

I saw Hodgson get out of his Merc at the Harrods Car Park when he was first appointed - he looked like an OAP - couldnt walk properly - and spoke to the car park attendant with a voice that sounded like he'd had a stroke! I thought to myself at the time thats Fulham relegated then. How wrong I was - he has been brilliant for Fulham and it just shows that you shouldnt judge someone on their appearance. I think he should get manager of the season for what he has done at Fulham.

I backed Fulham on the Premier League handicap betting this year, with Hodgson being almost the sole factor behind that decision.

It's nip and tuck between them, Stoke and Hull at the moment, but however it ends, Fulham have had a fine season.

Personally, I would love to see him at Southend in some capacity advisory/mentoring role when he has had enough at Fulham - he would be a huge assett if as we are led to believe we are going to make a sustained push for the championship and more. I think Tilly could learn a huge amount from him and would also improve him as a manager.

Good luck to the lad if true. Can't see Scunny being happy with just a million though, would be looking to either hold one or get a bit more, with clauses I would have thought.

Great club and manager for Hooper to go to, but like Glasgow said, what about the Dad factor?

With us due 25% I think Scunny will want to clear a million for themselves putting the fee around £1.35m + clauses.

Yes we did. Ron confirmed it at the AGM last year. He wasn't sure if it was 20% or 25%, but thought it was the higher.

Don't believe everything the comes out of Mr Martin's mouth. When Hooper is sold, asking Ron what the sell on fee was will be a very interesting question at the next AGM.

class said:
Don't believe everything the comes out of Mr Martin's mouth. When Hooper is sold, asking Ron what the sell on fee was will be a very interesting question at the next AGM.
I would find it strange if we didn't have a sell-on clause. Most deals done nowadays tend to include them.

I'm 99.9% certain that we did have a sell on clause of around 20% - 25%. Which ever one that is, we can re invest some of that into bringing in Theo Robinson. I'd be delighted in that.

I really don't think Ron would have said so publicly and given assurances on, I'm sure, more than one occasion, that we have a sell on clause when we don't.

Gary Hooper and Simon Cox both rated at £1 million, how much would that put Fryatt and Beckford at? Probably about the same. Glad to see that we are in for a cut but what a piece of business by them, was it £175,000? And then sell him for £1 million after 30 odd goals in 1 season! Doubt he will play that much for Fulham in the Premiership though, get a decent defender with instructions on him and he is out of the game, like he was at Roots Hall this season when Clarkey and Dervite didn't let him have a sniff. Has he overtaken Billy Sharpes goals in 1 season for them yet? I knew he was close to it

Gary Hooper and Simon Cox both rated at £1 million, how much would that put Fryatt and Beckford at? Probably about the same. Glad to see that we are in for a cut but what a piece of business by them, was it £175,000? And then sell him for £1 million after 30 odd goals in 1 season! Doubt he will play that much for Fulham in the Premiership though, get a decent defender with instructions on him and he is out of the game, like he was at Roots Hall this season when Clarkey and Dervite didn't let him have a sniff. Has he overtaken Billy Sharpes goals in 1 season for them yet? I knew he was close to it

Would that be the same game where he left Clarke and Dervite for dead on two occasions forcing mildenhall into two fantastic saves? Just wondered

Would that be the same game where he left Clarke and Dervite for dead on two occasions forcing mildenhall into two fantastic saves? Just wondered
2 occasions against a League 1 keeper, how is he going to fair in the Premiership against the defences of Man Ure, Liverpool, Chavski and the rest?

Back