• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Fulham To Bid £1 Million For Gary Hooper

There is a rumour, and i stress just a rumour, that we are looking at a swap deal for Hooper in exchange for Beckford. Beckford is known to have a soft spot for Scunny and Grayson is a fan of Hooper....

Personally i would be very pleased, can't see it happenong though

Oh dear. :unsure:

you'd be happy swapping your top scorer for someone with a much worse goals to game record. I know Beckford is a selfish **** who misses more than he scores, but the guy has scored 34 in 41 appearances this season, i think you're ****ing ********!

Hes off mate, a half decent replacement would be nice. I would rather Beckford stay but his mind has been swayed by big bucks. As it is he will leave and Bates will replace him on the cheap.

Hooper is also only young, plenty of time for him to work on his goal ratio. Does that make me sound any less ******** mate :unsure:

Hes off mate, a half decent replacement would be nice. I would rather Beckford stay but his mind has been swayed by big bucks. As it is he will leave and Bates will replace him on the cheap.

Hooper is also only young, plenty of time for him to work on his goal ratio. Does that make me sound any less ******** mate :unsure:

If there is any chance that Hooper leaves Scunthorpe I doubt he will be cheap and I think Scunny would rather take the cash than a swap deal.

There is a rumour, and i stress just a rumour, that we are looking at a swap deal for Hooper in exchange for Beckford. Beckford is known to have a soft spot for Scunny and Grayson is a fan of Hooper....

Personally i would be very pleased, can't see it happenong though

Hoops is a good player and has improved a lot since moving to Scunny last summer but in all seriousness I think your boys would be mad to swap Beckford for him mate. And if I was Beckford I wouldn't swap Leeds for Scunny either, let's face it they are a much smaller club and always will be. Leeds will be back in the Championship in the very near future, we all know that whereas Scunny will do well to survive next season. They came straight back down before and they probably will again I think, you just can't survive long-term in the Championship on gates of 6,000-odd - even we have a bigger fan base than that.

On another note you say Beckford has been swayed by "big bucks" - surely Scunthorpe can't pay anywhere near what Leeds have offered Beckford to re-sign? If that's the case I'd be staggered!

If there is any chance that Hooper leaves Scunthorpe I doubt he will be cheap and I think Scunny would rather take the cash than a swap deal.

They are known to be very fond of Beckford and would be keen o him joining, i suppose it would depend on what the two clubs valued the players at. It is also just a rumour but one that i thought might interest you lot

Hoops is a good player and has improved a lot since moving to Scunny last summer but in all seriousness I think your boys would be mad to swap Beckford for him mate. And if I was Beckford I wouldn't swap Leeds for Scunny either, let's face it they are a much smaller club and always will be. Leeds will be back in the Championship in the very near future, we all know that whereas Scunny will do well to survive next season. They came straight back down before and they probably will again I think, you just can't survive long-term in the Championship on gates of 6,000-odd - even we have a bigger fan base than that.

On another note you say Beckford has been swayed by "big bucks" - surely Scunthorpe can't pay anywhere near what Leeds have offered Beckford to re-sign? If that's the case I'd be staggered!

I can't really see it happening myself either, the only thing that could sway it is how much Beckford cares for Scunny. After all he found his form there and is still a hero. Still a long shot though

The situation with Beckford is that he wants 3/4 times his existing contract which has just a year left. His agent feels he can get £15k at a higer championship club, sadly this appears to have gone to his head. He will leave before the start of the season unless he backs down and seeks Bates out to discuss a new contract. One he joined us he was a windscreen fitter, now he is one of the best strikers outside of the top flight. Sadly this doesn't matter, the player i think he will take after if he moves Freddy Eastwood. A player who never really kicked on as he should have, ironically Coventry are favourites fort Becks

They are known to be very fond of Beckford and would be keen o him joining, i suppose it would depend on what the two clubs valued the players at. It is also just a rumour but one that i thought might interest you lot

I can't really see it happening myself either, the only thing that could sway it is how much Beckford cares for Scunny. After all he found his form there and is still a hero. Still a long shot though

The situation with Beckford is that he wants 3/4 times his existing contract which has just a year left. His agent feels he can get £15k at a higer championship club, sadly this appears to have gone to his head. He will leave before the start of the season unless he backs down and seeks Bates out to discuss a new contract. One he joined us he was a windscreen fitter, now he is one of the best strikers outside of the top flight. Sadly this doesn't matter, the player i think he will take after if he moves Freddy Eastwood. A player who never really kicked on as he should have, ironically Coventry are favourites fort Becks

If he asked for £15k he's very unlikely to accept the probable £3-4k Scunny could offer no matter how much he loves the club in my opinion. It's unlikely Scunthorpe will ever be a force in the Championship, whereas it's surely only a matter of time before Leeds are back challenging in that league. He's still young and should look at the bigger picture. If he gets an offer from a club around the top 10 in the Championship I could understand him moving on as he obviously doesn't want to play in League One but for a small club likely to struggle he'd be stupid to leave Leeds.

If he asked for £15k he's very unlikely to accept the probable £3-4k Scunny could offer no matter how much he loves the club in my opinion. It's unlikely Scunthorpe will ever be a force in the Championship, whereas it's surely only a matter of time before Leeds are back challenging in that league. He's still young and should look at the bigger picture. If he gets an offer from a club around the top 10 in the Championship I could understand him moving on as he obviously doesn't want to play in League One but for a small club likely to struggle he'd be stupid to leave Leeds.

I agree completely, personally i can't see the point in joining them myself. That said i think he will be surprised at the lack of interest in him. He has been scouted alot but i bealieve we are yet to receive a firm bid for him, he would be a big risk for higher championship/premiership clubs.

His been strongly linked with Newcastle and Boro in the papers over the last few days. I think he'll find a Championship side easily, whether its a side that he will want to join is another question.

Also, do you think Delph will be off?

Back