• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fundraising - could we turn pro?

Blues Ladies

Banned
right, put your thinking caps on, persuming you have one lol anyway, we need your help

southend united ladies fc are trying to take a more professional appraoch to football as of next season.

the club are looking to have the new southend united 2008/2009 home and away strips, the new southend united 2008/2009 full training kit and the new southend united 2008/2009 name and number shirt back printing

but, it may seem like a fantastic idea, but it is going to cost £240 per player and £4,800 for the whole team

now this is where you come into it, we need to think of ideas of how to raise that much money by hopefully the start of the 2008/2009 campaign which starts next september

we have 9 months, come on we can do this

any ideas? or pm me with ideas

good luck, and thanks

Can't you press for some kind of association with the club and get a discount?

Having an official training kit may look smart but perhaps it's something you should consider once your revenue streams have increased a bit?

Can't you press for some kind of association with the club and get a discount?

Having an official training kit may look smart but perhaps it's something you should consider once your revenue streams have increased a bit?

but how do we, as the ladies team, go about doing that? write a letter to ron martin saying how they should take more interest in the ladies set up?

but how do we, as the ladies team, go about doing that? write a letter to ron martin saying how they should take more interest in the ladies set up?

Have you had any contact with SUFC since you were formed? It might be worth at least contacting Ron, I'm sure he'd be willing to talk to you considering you have 'Southend United' in your name.

ask to arrange a meeting where you can discuss all of your issues with him... i would say association with the club would be the best way, but obviously like any business you need to work out what the benefit would be for them (community, fans etc) and take advantage of it.

Wouldn't you be better off asking the club for permission to use the club crest and then get ladies specific Nike Teamwear stuff through JustSport?

Also, doubt the FA would be happy about a ladies team wearing FL style numbers & letters in official matches! Just wanted to warn you before you shelled out the cash!

If you're also after a sponsor, why not try some of the companies that still have some involvement with the club, e.g. Betterview Windows?

Have you had any contact with SUFC since you were formed? It might be worth at least contacting Ron, I'm sure he'd be willing to talk to you considering you have 'Southend United' in your name.

we have a man and lady from southend united who is the ladies representative, you can see him at every home game, but they have not even managed to give us this seasons kit, we are still playing in last years kit

Cant you all get pro star gear?

Have you got a good forward we could borrow for the rest of season, we will give you harrold in return!

Also, doubt the FA would be happy about a ladies team wearing FL style numbers & letters in official matches! Just wanted to warn you before you shelled out the cash!

I don't think this matters at the level of football the ladies team play at (no disrespect intended). Non-league teams up to Conference South level play with a variety of different number styles on their shirts.

I don't think this matters at the level of football the ladies team play at (no disrespect intended). Non-league teams up to Conference South level play with a variety of different number styles on their shirts.

I disagree, not so much about the style of numbers/lettering, more the fact the numbers have a Football League logo on them.

You would be surprised at the number of stupid rules organisations like the FA have regarding things like this!

I disagree, not so much about the style of numbers/lettering, more the fact the numbers have a Football League logo on them.

You would be surprised at the number of stupid rules organisations like the FA have regarding things like this!

I'd forgotten that - I suppose it's probably advisable then to ask the organisers of the league in question.

it's probably advisable not to worry about kits at the moment until you have worked on your links to the club.

If the club is a no starter why dont you get a little article in the Echo about who you are and what your trying to do - it may get some interest from a local business person who may be willing to cough up some money - otherwise youll have to start doing some fundraising yourselves - if you pay subs every week maybe bump that up a pound or 2 every week to be saved away on top of any other fundraising

hi its david here, i tell you what i do a lot of marathons and half marathons in the new year i am willing to raise sponsordhip for your cause i average between 3000 and 5000 every year. I am willing to donate everything i raise for your cause and as i am starting my own nursing agency in january i will try to sponsor you as much as i can.
will this help

this might sound blasphemous but why don't you (or the manager of your team) either head up to see West Ham Ladies, or get their manager down for a meeting and really try and work this all out... they seem pretty good and have a good setup and you can really try and work out how it's best to be affiliated but a seperate team, be financially viable, grow and attract players. every team has to start from somewhere and i think the most important thing is to prove that having a proper ladies team is beneficial for Southend and Southend United as a team and business. If it is properly affialiated with the club and their youth days, community activities i'm sure you see some girls coming along who want to play and with subs, sponsorship and advertising i reckon you can grow as a team and a business

Back