• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Something that sticks in my mind is when Clacton brought cheerleaders to the Essex Senior Cup match without realising that the PA system wouldn't be working. So they brought in a car and played the music as loud as they could!

Another moment is also from an Essex Senior Cup against Thurrock when Lee Turner rushed out thinking she would get the ball but ended up taking out two players and the lino in the process!

Any others?

lino was taken out in a game at the hall...

beating col ewe again...

The linesman at Northampton in the play-off game juggling his flag in the air! thats gotta be a soccer am 3rd eye
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Or chasing a mouthy Col U fan down 'Broughton Close' then again me 'running' after sombody and the Close being called 'Broughton' was quite ironic!
... since I think me and broughton share the same pace!
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Sitting where i do, some of the funniest moments has been when certain managers/players have come to the Hall:

Julian Alsop, after the infamous Banana incident was getting called banana man and boo'd constantly when he was warming up... came out the dugout twice and we didnt see him for the rest of the game
biggrin.gif

Graham Rix, For those who don't know was caught in bed with a friends 16 year old daughter, and consequently sacked from chelsea. Taunts like "read my daughter a bed time story Rixy" where heard all the time.
Agogo (Away, LDV Final) I think the whole away end was singing "You've got the touch of a rapist" everytime he got the ball... especially when he missed the penalty.
Mark Rawle warming up didnt exactly get raptuous applause.
Calderwood during Playoff game at the Hall, Went absolutely mad when the penalty was awarded, and theres wasnt. Threw water bottles everywhere and continued to kick the dugout.
and Hodgkins when Darlo visited us... getting sent to the stands, and soon after we scored 2 goals...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Agogo (Away, LDV Final) I think the whole away end was singing "You've got the touch of a rapist" everytime he got the ball... especially when he missed the penalty.
As I said to all those around me hence the name 'Junior' Agogo
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ June 06 2005,16:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Agogo (Away, LDV Final) I think the whole away end was singing "You've got the touch of a rapist" everytime he got the ball... especially when he missed the penalty.
As I said to all those around me hence the name 'Junior' Agogo
biggrin.gif
ha ha thats quailty

Can't remember who it was against, but when the bounced up on the roof of the west stand and then came crashing down on the lino. Was amusing.

The mysterious appearance of 10 balls suddenly being luzzed over the South Stand roof during the Luton FA Cup game.

Now it doesn't matter as we went up anyway, Bentley's red card away at C********r is one of the most laughable decisions I've ever seen, closely followed by the 'off-side' decision that denied an equaliser against Mansfield.

Singing 'Are you Bramble in disguise?' at Cambridge's mascot on Easter Monday.

Outsinging Lincoln when out-numbered 3-1.

Drawing (legitimate) comparison between Moss Rose and Billericay Town's New Lodge (even down to the 'club shop' demountables). Crowd comparisons not that unrealistic either...

Freddy's first vs Swansea because of the sheer fantasy that was needed to co-incide to make it happen: Our kick-off routine not ending up with the ball at the back of the West Stand in 2 seconds, Wayne Gray controlling the ball first time, putting in a decent first-time cross, a Southend centre-forward putting an effort on goal with his first touch, it going on target first time without 3 or 4 'markers' needed, the goalkeeper not being able to get in the way, in front of a bunch of sheepsh*ggers, and Southend's fastest ever league goal being scored by a local lad snapped up from non-league on his debut against the league leaders. Pure genius. And you tell the young people of today that, and they won't believe you....

What odds would you get on that?!

tadiff oxfords keeper making a hash of a backpass during the game at the kassam springs to mind

TAXI FOR TARDIFF

Seeing the General waste stupid amounts of money on fruit machines at every single away game

Tes in Goal

Shrewsbury snow

Mouthy bastards next to us at Swansea away

Orient acting like they won the Champions league after beating us

Orient $%&*ing up big time after being top of the league in September

As always - the reaction from the Wyndham Plastics crew down at Swansea when Wayney Gray, and the Swans fans getting really f***ed off about it.

Wyndham are a south wales company that support (and sponsor) us, they always have a box over the east stand of the Vetch.  Hope they do the same at White Rock.

Quality

The Shrewsbury snow game when the Ref stopped the game to ask for an Orange ball and we didnt have one. Would have been really sickening if that game would have been abandoned because of that.

Back