• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gadgets you could live without...

Luddite or techie?

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
What do you lot reckon? I don't have a games console any more (well apart from a Wii that I use for nothing more than Netflix) and maybe a mobile but the rest....over my dead body!

You?

We have a Wii, but haven't used it in years. In fact my wife had a go at me for buying it and not using it until I pointed out I bought it for her as a "sorry" present.

Bugger, voted Kindle instead of Sat Nav - line was slightly askew! I don't possess a games console of any kind and have never played on one ever apart from the old table tennis thing on the tv a zillion years ago! I have a couple of games I play on my PC, and am content with them. I am perfectly able to use a map if I need to get somewhere, and if I had then we wouldn't have been directed to a dead end street in York when trying to find our hotel, which was around the corner. Kev however uses his all the time in the cab, not to find a road necessarily but to just keep an eye on where he is....not quite the same thing. The other thing is the bloody juicer I bought for that juice diet that fbm got us all excited about! Didn't work for me in the slightest and now gets used once in a blue moon if I have a lot of some fruit or veg that wants eating quickly, so I suppose as the old meal replacement it's ok. Coffee machine would be another, and a fondue set (if that can be classed as a gadget). Sold mine on ebay couple of years back, not regretted it in the slightest. If I want a good coffee I'll use the cafetiere, fondue? Well, I have a little one perfect for doing chocolate fondue, the Le Creuset was a wedding present first time around and had never been used!

Bugger, voted Kindle instead of Sat Nav - line was slightly askew! I don't possess a games console of any kind and have never played on one ever apart from the old table tennis thing on the tv a zillion years ago! I have a couple of games I play on my PC, and am content with them. I am perfectly able to use a map if I need to get somewhere, and if I had then we wouldn't have been directed to a dead end street in York when trying to find our hotel, which was around the corner. Kev however uses his all the time in the cab, not to find a road necessarily but to just keep an eye on where he is....not quite the same thing. The other thing is the bloody juicer I bought for that juice diet that fbm got us all excited about! Didn't work for me in the slightest and now gets used once in a blue moon if I have a lot of some fruit or veg that wants eating quickly, so I suppose as the old meal replacement it's ok. Coffee machine would be another, and a fondue set (if that can be classed as a gadget). Sold mine on ebay couple of years back, not regretted it in the slightest. If I want a good coffee I'll use the cafetiere, fondue? Well, I have a little one perfect for doing chocolate fondue, the Le Creuset was a wedding present first time around and had never been used!

Didn't include kitchen ones, mainly because I havent got any redundant ones. From my potato ricer to pasta maker, they all get used at some point!

Can do without a television as there is never anything on that the Mrs and me can agree to watch together, so obviously she wins and I end up watching repeats of Only Fools and Horses, Come Dine With Me and the bloody shopping channels.
I don't need a game console as I have an Ipad, and I prefer books to a kindle.

I can do without any/all of them.

sent from my iPad, sitting in front of Sky TV while playing FIFA 2012 on the PC as the kindle recharges.

Not a big phone person, find them handy but not one to be queuing outside the Apple store to by a slightly better version than I have.

Do use a kindle for convenience but actually prefer a real book.

Kids have taken over the Xbox so barely use that.

TV is the biggest one, do watch quite a few movies so wouldnt give it up, but dont really care that much for 99% of TV.

Satnavs are great, take most of the stress out of driving, dont know how we did without them.

My PC you can have over my cold dead body....

Couldn't live without my iPad but that fulfills the role of most of the gadgets in the list anyway. The only TV show I watch is Soccer Saturday and I've barely played my PS3 in six months (until I discovered The Last of Us a couple of weeks ago anyway).

Mine asked for a rampant rabbit

killer_rabbit.jpg

Did you need the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

Never one to miss a Python reference......

Back