• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

philtalkin

Manager
I put a huge bet on us to win the league this year (each way will also be nice). However when I did my normal divisional bet, for some reason I did this:

Man city
West Ham (sorry)
Sheffield United

All looking good... But then for some reason

Plymouth

They won 0-4 away on Saturday so could make a late run, you never know!

So, have you ever bet against the Blues, to soften against the pain of losing? And has it ever spectacularly backfired?

No I have never bet against the Blues.. Spectacular backfires are of course very common tho

Had an e/w bet on promotion, £20 at 25/1 :smile:

Never bet against us, that's just wrong. Knew someone who lumped £1K on Man Utd to beat us, but that's ok because he is and was a ****. :thumbsup:

To be fair, the big bet I placed was on us to win the league.

I think I am too familiar with the lady who works in the bookies, as she openly laughed in my face when she looked at the betting slip. Cheeky cow!

I put a bet on Northampton, and then Lincoln in the playoffs a few years back, in order to ensure our victory!

So, have you ever bet against the Blues, to soften against the pain of losing? And has it ever spectacularly backfired?

I sold the League 1 Goal minutes in a spread bet and was looking ok. We were 1 up against Oxford at Half Time I think in a fairly dour game. Unfortunately a late flurry in the second half saw us score in 3 goals in the last 10 minutes, which meant every minute we scored in was the equivalent to losing a quid. With every goal the crowd went wild i went yep. Those 3 goals cost me about 300 quid.

Back