• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Games where that one opposition player destroyed us

There was an opening game of the season against Leyton Orient - we went 2-0 up I think but they had a midfielder called Thornton who was running the show for them & took full advantage of McCormack's temperament & led to Mr McC being handed a red card.

I think the game ended 2-2.

There was an opening game of the season against Leyton Orient - we went 2-0 up I think but they had a midfielder called Thornton who was running the show for them & took full advantage of McCormack's temperament & led to Mr McC being handed a red card.

I think the game ended 2-2.
Oh yeah, with peroxide blonde locks? He was a pain in our side for a few years I remember.

Yes, I was going to mention Thornton too. Whether for Orient or Doncaster, and despite their respective fans saying he was past it, he always turned up against us and ripped us apart.

Yes, I was going to mention Thornton too. Whether for Orient or Doncaster, and despite their respective fans saying he was past it, he always turned up against us and ripped us apart.
Sean Thornton. I'd forgotten all about him but he certainly was a pain on several occasions

Rickie Lambert for Bristol Rovers put 4 past us once.

But the one I’ll always remember is Ben Foster’s goalkeeping performance for Wrexham in the LDV Final. Felt like we could’ve played all day and wouldn’t have beaten him, he was that good. So good in fact that Sir Alex signed him for United on the back of that performance after being there to watch his son managing Wrexham in the final. How’s our luck eh?
Well he’d be impressed at anyone who could keep a clean sheet against us seeing as his team couldn’t 😂

If memory serves me right, Gillingham at home, coloured player with a double barrelled surname tore us apart that day
Jay Emmanuel Thomas I believe it was, he destroyed us and I honestly thought he was destined for great things.

I believe he’s just signed for Phil Brown at Kidderminster.

Back in 1977 I remember Alan Curtis for Swansea scoring two of the best goals I've ever seen in a 2-1 victory for them at RH.

Both goals were incredible long range strikes worthy of a goal of the season nomination, especially the second one IIRC, and were warmly applauded all around the ground.

also there was a Chesterfield player who always had storming games against us - I want to say Luke Rodgers (?) but could be wrong. Going back to early 00's when we seemed to play them about 6 times a season with Cup games etc.

Back