• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gavin and Stacey

Well that was crap. What started as a fresh romantic sitcom has quickly turned du and formulaic.

Wasn't the best. Only Dorris made it funny, should have left it after the christmas specials...

Too many easy jokes. Brin is the only funny part left!

Nessa is no longer really funny, Dave is far less weird (which was part of his humour), Smiffy is STILL eating lots (*yawn*)....

A shame as I was a MASSIVE fan.

Thoroughly enjoyed QI afterwards, and really getting into Misfits on E4.

general view from myself and folk at work that it was a weak episode , one funny bit in it , if they have dorris in it more often it may work , but not a scratch on teh previous 2 series and no where near as funny as say Inbetweeners which has to be up there as teh funniest and can't wait for 3rd series .

My only criticism is the bit where they all kept phoning up Gavin to wish him luck went on a bit too long. Rubbish there was only one funny bit in it, the "I'm Owain Hughes & no I don't" piece was funny as was Bryn singing. Whenever Alison Steadman opens her mouth I can't help but laugh. Oh & Sheridan Smith is also worth a mention ;) - how lucky is she that she can count both G&S and The Royle Family as top shows she has appeared in?

Also, I thought Smiffy's mum was a bit of a wasted character, although presumably this will develop as the weeks go back.

I like the main(fat)actor who I remember from The History Boys at the NT a few years ago but can't say I've enjoyed what little I've seen of it(while channel hopping or zapping as they say here).Didn't realise Alision Steadman was in it.I'll obviously have to pay closer attention in future!

Back