• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watching Holland smash Spain has made me waaay more excited about England's game tomorrow night. This can only end in tears.

Well that was a brilliant game between Spain and the Netherlands.

Now for the main event Chile to get thrashed by Australia!!!!

Well that was a good game, the keeper was at fault for the first goal but Australia fought back well.

At least we're not last!! :smile:

Thought that African referee was way out of his depth in the Australia - Chile game, definitely favoured Chile all through the game, Cahill was robbed of a blatant penalty, Ref found it easy to hand Aussie players yellow cards took him 85 minutes to give one to Chile.Hope England get a decent one anyway, maybe an Aussie ref lol
:smile:

Spain just capitulated in that second half and showed no fight. It really felt like the end of an era for them. Xavi was anonymous, defence and goalkeeper were all over the place and once Costa went off they had no threat up front. Didn't think they deserved to go 1-0 ahead in the first place, very dubious penalty (again). Holland got at them and I was really impressed with them. They looked solid at the back (that black fella who dived when 'headbutted' was annoying though) and in Van Persie and Robben they have two match-winners. Van Persie obviously likes playing for Van Gaal a lot more than he did for Moyes. Holland do have a habit of playing well in the group stages and peaking too soon though.

Anyone else starting to get annoyed by this new trend of celebrating goals with the whole squad and subs running on the pitch? I think refs really need to clamp down on it.

Love this world cup so far...

EOAnJeR.jpg

Tell you what if Bentley was Australian ,he would be playing at the World cup now.But seriously Langerak is a much better keeper than Matt Ryan.I think he will be in goal for the Aussies against Spain. But didnt the Aussies give the oranje a scare.

Tell you what if Bentley was Australian ,he would be playing at the World cup now.But seriously Langerak is a much better keeper than Matt Ryan.I think he will be in goal for the Aussies against Spain. But didnt the Aussies give the oranje a scare.

Matt Ryan is really highly thought of in Belgium

[video=youtube;zzUjOzcI4oU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzUjOzcI4oU[/video]

I think it's been a good tournament so far and it seems really open now with Spain out and Brazil struggling. Really can't predict who's going to win at the moment, but often the bigger teams limp through the group stages and then turn it on when it matters. Will be interesting to see how France, Germany and Argentina do in their second games.

I think it's been a good tournament so far and it seems really open now with Spain out and Brazil struggling. Really can't predict who's going to win at the moment, but often the bigger teams limp through the group stages and then turn it on when it matters. Will be interesting to see how France, Germany and Argentina do in their second games.

Personally,I wouldn't call France one of the "bigger teams" anymore, but I'm sure they'll get through to the knock out phase easily enough.

Back