• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/21/george-mcgovern

He was a thoroughly decent man.I saw him speak in a US election debate at the North American Institute here back in the 80's.
Also remember wearing a "Don't blame me,I voted for McGovern" t-shirt(just a year after the Watergate break in)while I was driving an ice cream truck in Ohio during my student days.Had to take it off after a day or so, as it didn't prove too popular with (most of the) locals.

You surprise me. I had you down as a populist.

What suprised me, was that even in a so called liberal part of Ohio(not far from Cleveland),the t-shirt attracted a lot of negative comments, even from black punters.Just goes to show that nobody likes to be proved wrong.
Also remember, I was on 25% commission for ice cream sales.No sales,no money.:winking:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/21/george-mcgovern

He was a thoroughly decent man.I saw him speak in a US election debate at the North American Institute here back in the 80's.
Also remember wearing a "Don't blame me,I voted for McGovern" t-shirt(just a year after the Watergate break in)while I was driving an ice cream truck in Ohio during my student days.Had to take it off after a day or so, as it didn't prove too popular with (most of the) locals.

Was it the smell?

Commie Douchebag, no loss at all. Pretty much everyone voted for Nixon in '68, and having this pinko pantywaist in the Democrat seat wouldn't have changed that. For you misinformed peaceniks (ie Barnaby), the Democrats started the Vietnam War, and Tricky Dicky managed to get out of it.

Sorry, personally don't feel any need to mourn a US politician who never served at the highest level. Didn't even remember the name!

Only the upper-middles classes took daily showers in the 70s. Us plebs were still having the occasional bath.:tease:

FYI,Charlie it was hot in Ohio that summer and I was staying with a nice Jewish family(of English extraction,definitely middle class by English standards).IIRC,they didn't have a bath downstairs(where we were staying),only a shower.:smile:

Back