• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gerrard Again

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Dives for the pen, then scores it.

Would you be happy if a Southend player did this?

In the words of barrett, "No, theres no place for diving!".

Anyway, he didn't dive.

Has there ever been a team as lucky as Liverpool? Just switched over as the Chelsea game ended and I thought he'd penalised Gerrard for the lunge! Madrid must be sick as dogs, that's a disgraceful decision.

I wouldn't say he dived, it was just a pretty standard aerial challenge where one player got there slightly ahead of the other. Shouldn't have been a pen, IMO.

Something else that struck me while watching the game - separated at birth?

400x400_manichenew.jpg
_39031969_neil_270.jpg

Yes, he did. Don't buy into the soppy ITV coverage.
I'm watching on foreign TV and have no idea what ITV said, however there is no way he dived. It was a terrible decision granted because it was so soft, but he did not dive. It was purely intelligent play. Ensure you get to the ball first even if you know you have no chance of getting a second touch. It's what any decent football coach should be teaching a striker.

As for Liverpool lucky, they should have had a penalty and two clear cut corners in the space of about 3 minutes at the beginning of the second half. Had that of been Southend and down the South Upper, I think I would have burst with anger.

Also as for lucky, they had 58% possession and I think something like 27 shots at goal compared to Athletico's 6 ! I think a draw is more than a fair result.

He's a loathsome individual, a serial-cheat and just about the most over-rated player in the country.

Watch the Atletico player's right leg - there's clearly significant contact there, but then there often is in an aerial contest. No dive, no pen.

Try checking that out from a different angle. Anyone who has ever played football should clearly see that's not a dive. If you have ever gone up for a head, even the slightest touch can send you flying.

But theres no need to throw you're arms in the air and fall to the floor like you've been shot by a sniper.

I can't believe that Einstein is trying to defend the cheating Scouse ****.

Try checking that out from a different angle. Anyone who has ever played football should clearly see that's not a dive. If you have ever gone up for a head, even the slightest touch can send you flying.

Closet Liverpool fan are you?

And here's you telling me i have no Football brain :D :thump:

Takes one to know one dude!

But theres no need to throw you're arms in the air and fall to the floor like you've been shot by a sniper.
And yes, I'm sure had Revell done that in the 94th minute against Col Ewe some of you would still be saying the same.

There was clearly contact. Had there been no contact at all and he had dived like an Italian/Ronaldo does then I could understand the uproar. I am totally shocked by several of these comments.

Beefy, quite how you can call a midfielder who scored twenty one goals in 51 appearances in the best competitions of the world, "overrated" is totally beyond me. Yes, he may not perform for England in the same way he performs for Liverpool, however you clearly do not ever watch him in a Liverpool shirt.

Closet Liverpool fan are you?

And here's you telling me i have no Football brain :D :thump:

Takes one to know one dude!
No closet Liverpool fan at all I'm afraid. You've clearly never played football, or indeed even understand the logics of physics if you think you can maintain balance while in the air if you are pushed.

Last edited:
Back