• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get behind our club Tuesday

The performances last season meant that we couldn't wait for it to end and we looked forward to a new start with a new manager. Things haven't gone well and the thought of watching dire performances again is difficult to take - the fans will get behind the team but there has to be something more positive to watch for that to continue.

4717 tickets sold so far...……………..:Sad:

It's this that will be most dissapointing to Ron.

He cannot accept low crowds and poor performances combined.

We do get behind the team but it has limits.

IF posh are all over us for an easy win tomorrow then we will undoubtedly start to turn on the team.

As professionals they should expect as much with 4 straight defeats.

IF posh are all over us for an easy win tomorrow then we will undoubtedly start to turn on the team.

Spot on Mr 2holes,

Ultimately this will be the deciding factor in any changes being made.

Points will be won (hopefully!) and points will be lost but if people vote with their feet it puts a dent in the war chest and that can't be tolerated.

3 points tomorrow will help in changing that.

Here's positivity - I reckon we'll see an improvement tomorrow and only lose 3-0

Lets be fair, the fans always do well for the team. We always show up in numbers, and the players very rarely get any kind of actual abuse during games, expect from a spattering of boos and the the occasional grumble.

To borrow a classic quote from a forum-favourite; We’re not The Dockers Stand.

Alan Little was sacked shortly after a crowd of 2403 against Kidderminster. That was during the largely forgotten fuel crisis of 2000 when something as minor as a few protests and queues led to panic buying and widespread chaos but we're in very different times politically now so can't see something like that happening again.

Clutching at straws I know but trying to find a positive.. Our first 3 league games were against the sides currently in 1st, 2nd & 4th spots. The only 'poor' team we've played so far we did win quite comfortably against, away from home, after a slightly dodgy start. So you would hope once we start coming up again the more 'average' sides in L1 we should do better. I guess tomorrow will test that theory.. Also as others have said whats the point of the highly rated Leicester loanee being sat warming the bench? Hopefully he'll get a run out tomorrow. I still think the squad is decent, and Bond is very experienced, so hopefully a decent result tomorrow will kick start the season. I'll now remove the rose tinted specs.

Manager's last home crowds under Ron (and previous two crowds)

Powell 7570 (6217 (televised), 7300 (televised))
Brown 6489 (7076, 9588 (Charlton, Boxing Day)
Sturrock 4236 (Tuesday night) (4983, 9421 (Orient, JPT Semi-Final))
Tilly 7145 (8503, 6838)
Wignall 5085 (2463 (Tuesday night), 6077 (Orient))
Newman 4148 (Orient), (2832 (Tuesday night), 3912)
Little 3110 (2403 (Tuesday night), 3417)
Martin 4149 (3695, 3713)

A lot of those decisions (Sturrock, Wignall, Little, Newman) were taken IMO after poor attendances Tuesday nights.

Don’t think much of ticket sales for this game, could be well under 6,000 fans in total.

Clutching at straws I know but trying to find a positive.. Our first 3 league games were against the sides currently in 1st, 2nd & 4th spots. The only 'poor' team we've played so far we did win quite comfortably against, away from home, after a slightly dodgy start. So you would hope once we start coming up again the more 'average' sides in L1 we should do better. I guess tomorrow will test that theory.. Also as others have said whats the point of the highly rated Leicester loanee being sat warming the bench? Hopefully he'll get a run out tomorrow. I still think the squad is decent, and Bond is very experienced, so hopefully a decent result tomorrow will kick start the season. I'll now remove the rose tinted specs.
there is definitely something in this I think (well, I definitely hope)

Would be nice if mouth almighty in the East Reds actually bellowed encouragement, rather than continually telling players what they are doing wrong. Encouragement might just help !

The first 3 teams we've played now sit high in the table, at least in part, due to the 3 points they took off of us.

But if you want a straw to clutch at, one of the things we need is some defensive consistency. In 10 games in charge I think Bond has only once picked the same defence as in the previous match - and we won that day!

Will be a sub 6k crowd for the first time in a while I would have thought. Not sure of the last one.

Posh don't travel to well. I'd imagine they will only bring about 300.

Will be a sub 6k crowd for the first time in a while I would have thought. Not sure of the last one.

Last time was Bristol Rovers in February.

These are the sub-6000 home games from last season. Looks like the last week or so of the month late in the year wasn't a popular game for us...

22/09/18 v Fleetwood 5712 (Saturday)
23/10/18 v Walsall 5603 (Tuesday)
27/11/18 v Scunthorpe 5110 (Tuesday)
22/12/18 v Rochdale 5735 (Saturday)
02/02/19 v Bristol Rovers 5982 (Saturday)

The worst 2 attendances of the year were not surprisingly Tuesday games against teams from far, far away.

If we get over 5500 will be good considering the poor start and Tuesday night summer Holidays etc IMHO

3 POINTS PLEASE SOUTHEND UNITED FC :Clap::Clap::Clap:

A crowd of 5500 will not be too bad considering the form we are in. If you look at the attendances tomorrow in Divisions 1 and 2 they will all be down by about 15% compared to the usual weekend gates. It's the same every season.

Back