• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gillingham October 1st

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
Just thought I'd let you know, this game is category AA, meaning ticket prices are £17 for adults, £15 for students and OAP's and £11 for kids.

Fifteen quid for concessions? That's as steep as Swindon's matchday price!

At least Gillingham's only 30 miles away and therefore I won't have to use too much fuel...

Its better than no concesions tho eh!
wink.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

I wonder what happened to the Boat trip we were talking about a couple of months ago? Sebastian Weetabix was trying to sort something out...nothing's been heard though now for some time.

Here's the original thread for a refresher:
Gillingham by Sea

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reading Shrimper @ Sep. 05 2005,15:42)]I wonder what happened to the Boat trip we were talking about a couple of months ago? Sebastian Weetabix was trying to sort something out...nothing's been heard though now for some time.

Here's the original thread for a refresher:
Gillingham by Sea
I seem to recall someone sayong it would be low tide and hence not possible. I may be wrong though.

You are correct Upminster, that point was raised in this earlier thread, but was answered by Sebastian Weetabix in the thread I posted above a week or so later, and he seemed to think that it may be possible...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Sep. 05 2005,11:26)]Just thought I'd let you know, this game is category AA, meaning ticket prices are £17 for adults, £15 for students and OAP's and £11 for kids.
Is that the top bracket of games?

I know a lot of Premier$hite clubs employee this pricing strategy as do some Championship sides but didn't really think it could work in League One.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 05 2005,11:31)]Fifteen quid for concessions? That's as steep as Swindon's matchday price!

At least Gillingham's only 30 miles away and therefore I won't have to use too much fuel...
Might well be enquiring about a spare space considering that to get the train is quicker to....well...somewhere further away.

Only problem is that weddings keep popping up unexpected.

If I promise not to talk for the journey and sit in the boot...whaddya reckon?

unclesam.gif

don't moan, students don't pay for a lot of things so the things you do want to do... don't moan. short journey from uni for me

what about using a Hovercraft ?? That,d probably make the National press . Just a thought , a silly one I spose but i thought I'd air it anyway

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Sep. 05 2005,18:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Sep. 05 2005,11:26)]Just thought I'd let you know, this game is category AA, meaning ticket prices are £17 for adults, £15 for students and OAP's and £11 for kids.
Is that the top bracket of games?

I know a lot of Premier$hite clubs employee this pricing strategy as do some Championship sides but didn't really think it could work in League One.
No it's the middle bracket. I agree, it's a bit silly doing it in League One/League Two because there aren't really any 'big games'. They're all the same really except local derbies. I mean what would Gillingham class as a grade A match except from Notts Forest?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wardy @ Sep. 05 2005,11:55)]only 900 tickets tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have I missed something here? Where has this been reported?

Not good if true...

"Away fans are housed in part of the Brian Moore Stand where around 1,500 supporters can be accommodated. Like last season the stand is of the temporary variety i.e. the type that you would see around the 18th hole at the British Open Golf Championship, although it is of a good size and height, plus the views of the playing action are fine. Unlike most temporary stands though the facilities are surprisingly good, being of a permanent nature behind the stand. However it is uncovered so be prepared to get wet! "

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 05 2005,18:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 05 2005,11:31)]Fifteen quid for concessions? That's as steep as Swindon's matchday price!

Might well be enquiring about a spare space considering that to get the train is quicker to....well...somewhere further away.

unclesam.gif
If you can put up with my peculiar taste in music then you're welcome to tag along.

You can even sit in the main bit of the car if ya like!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 06 2005,00:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 05 2005,18:37)]
[b said:

unclesam.gif
If you can put up with my peculiar taste in music then you're welcome to tag along.

You can even sit in the main bit of the car if ya like!  
wink.gif
ok mate. I'll let you know...

erm...how peculiar?

wow.gif
tounge.gif

Cant wait for this one.

Short trip, a sort of derby game and we should easily take over 1,000.

If you are thinking of making your first away trip this season, make it this one.

Thank feck its only a category AA game, if it was the highest category game (AAA) it would have cost us £24!!.

All aboard for Gillingham.

Come on Southend!.

smile.gif

Anyone know if the tickets are on sale at RH yet? I rang the Gills ticket office and they apparantley don't sell directly to away fans, so gotta get them from the Hall..

Back