• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gillingham Tickets

Rusty Lee

Coach
Just tried to phone the new star-spangled ticket office but after 10mins with no answer I gave up, tryin to see if u can do it on-line but cant see anywhere.

Does anyone know how long the new ticket office take to answer the phone or can i buy on-line?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Sep. 26 2005,10:21)]Just tried to phone the new star-spangled ticket office but after 10mins with no answer I gave up, tryin to see if u can do it on-line but cant see anywhere.

Does anyone know how long the new ticket office take to answer the phone or can i buy on-line?
ive had the same problem?
down.gif

to be fair we have been absolutely swamped with calls this morning for people trying to buy tickets for Yeovil tomorrow night, so its not that they're just sitting in there not answering.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AmericanShrimper @ Sep. 26 2005,12:02)]to be fair we have been absolutely swamped with calls this morning for people trying to buy tickets for Yeovil tomorrow night, so its not that they're just sitting in there not answering.
I thought that the new system put you in a queuing system? I have tried constantly this morning and it just rings until i get cut off?

Whats the new number guys ?

I think i have the old one as i got an answerphone message saying the next game is tranmere !

It was very busy in the ticket office when I was there and noone was answering the phones so youre in for a long wait

So the new on-line booking is not as good as the old one. The new telephone system doesn't do what it's meant to.

Lucky the admin boys and girls aren't in charge of the team.

Is it possible to decline Manager of the Month, a bit like Danny Blanchflower on (or, rather, not on) This is Your Life?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 26 2005,12:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (AmericanShrimper @ Sep. 26 2005,12:02)]to be fair we have been absolutely swamped with calls this morning for people trying to buy tickets for Yeovil tomorrow night, so its not that they're just sitting in there not answering.
I thought that the new system put you in a queuing system? I have tried constantly this morning and it just rings until i get cut off?
Same here... I've been ringing and ringing, and just cannot get through.

sad.gif

Thing is, if people can't get through to the ticket office to buy our tickets in advance, is it fair to then make us pay more if we buy them on the day itself instead...?

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Sep. 26 2005,12:35)]Whats the new number guys ?

I think i have the old one as i got an answerphone message saying the next game is tranmere !
See if they'll give you odds on a correct score!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 26 2005,12:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 26 2005,12:27)]I have tried constantly this morning and it just rings until i get cut off?

sad.gif
Ahh... that cracked it... a seat in the South Upper has been duly booked!

smile.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Sep. 26 2005,12:36)]It was very busy in the ticket office when I was there and noone was answering the phones so youre in for a long wait
The club need to maximise their current "marketability". Get some more people in there helping out. Anyone.

Remember going to see Wycombe in an important match years ago as I was working nearby. It was very busy but I was still surprised to see Martin O'Neill helping out in the ticket office.
Perhaps Tilly can sort them out - after training of course.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 26 2005,12:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 26 2005,12:27)]
[b said:

sad.gif

Thing is, if people can't get through to the ticket office to buy our tickets in advance, is it fair to then make us pay more if we buy them on the day itself instead...?

rock.gif

Matt
This is turning out to be a quite ridiculous situation. I've had the same problems this morning, where at one point they couldn't even put me on hold as there were so many people apparently queueing.

Why do they insist on performing all this, penalising people for not being able to get through in advance due to the fact that the ticket office is swamped with people still not getting their season ticket seats?

It's blatantly clear that the infrastructure in place for ticketing is fundamentally inadequate for a club of our size. The best bit is that they are endeavouring to make it more automated, thereby taking out more people that might be able to help.

SUFC - increasingly professional on the field, increasingly amateur off it!!

Here endeth today's sermon.

I would of thought at least they could of bought a telephoning queuing system which tells the caller there in a queue and will be answered. Instead of being left alone till the call rings off
mad.gif

SUFC once again prove what a shambles they are when it comes to the running of the off the pitch antics.

Are there definitely going to be tickets available on the day at Gillingham?

Back