• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suomi Shrimper

First XI
Went to my first ever Glasto last year and loved it despite the mud, hour long trek through the driving rain back to the car and 8 hours stuck in a car park on the way back. I've registered already and there is no doubt that I will be up bright and early to buy my ticket when they go on sale. Now there's just the small matter of this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7223232.stm

Last year we had The Who and Dame Shirley "Diamonds are Foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr" Bassey. This year, Jay-Z and Neil Diamond. To quote the mighty Eavis:

"He will appeal to the young people and under-25s for sure, so that's a big pull for them. It's not like the traditional one we do, like Radiohead, Coldplay and Muse and Oasis."

I'm young, I'm under-25: can we have Radiohead or Oasis please? Actually, Muse would be nice, and Coldplay aren't so bad really. Kanye West might even have been alright, but really not sure about this Jay-Z fella. Oh well, Glastonbury's not about the headliners anyway...

Kanye West & Jay-Z?

I'll buy a ticket just to throw bags of **** at the stage...

Doing Reading, V fest this year.

I feel if your going for the music, Reading is bar far the best.

I've seen some amazing sets at Reading over the years (Muse '04, Pearl Jam '06), but after going to Glasto it really has no appeal to me any more. The Metal Sunday acts are tired and pretty much the same every year now (My Chemical Romance, Bullet for my Valentine etc) and 90% of the acts over the weekend seem to consist if whoever NME are spunking over the week the bookings are made.

More than this though is that in recent years I've gotten pretty tired of the nightly ritual of guarding your tent from drunk/high thieves and the Sunday night anarchy. Maybe I'm getting old but in 2002, trolley wars were the height of it and that's all fun and games, but when some gang of drunken chav teenagers (who seem to have taken over the festival these days) tries to set fire to your mate's tent whilst he and his girlfriend are asleep in it, you have no real urge to hurry back.

I've seen some amazing sets at Reading over the years (Muse '04, Pearl Jam '06), but after going to Glasto it really has no appeal to me any more. The Metal Sunday acts are tired and pretty much the same every year now (My Chemical Romance, Bullet for my Valentine etc) and 90% of the acts over the weekend seem to consist if whoever NME are spunking over the week the bookings are made.

More than this though is that in recent years I've gotten pretty tired of the nightly ritual of guarding your tent from drunk/high thieves and the Sunday night anarchy. Maybe I'm getting old but in 2002, trolley wars were the height of it and that's all fun and games, but when some gang of drunken chav teenagers (who seem to have taken over the festival these days) tries to set fire to your mate's tent whilst he and his girlfriend are asleep in it, you have no real urge to hurry back.

Wish me lcuk then !

Back