• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glastonbury

Hope to go see MP at some point in the future.

I have to say when i saw them at the Astoria last month i found them disappointing. I'm not slagging them off, just found them massively over-rated live. Could've caught them on a bad night though.

What other bands would you compare Maximo Park to? My friend's band was playing at a bar in Denver over the weekend and I was looking at the upcoming schedule for the bar and it showed Maximo Park playing next month, I only recognized them since I've seen them mentioned on here a few times, but I've never heard them, but I'm thinking it might be worth heading down there and checking them out.

According to Wikipedia, they are a comparison of Pulp and Franz Ferdinand.

Alright for you being able to check them out in a bar....all of their gigs in the UK later this year are sold out already!! :(

What other bands would you compare Maximo Park to? My friend's band was playing at a bar in Denver over the weekend and I was looking at the upcoming schedule for the bar and it showed Maximo Park playing next month, I only recognized them since I've seen them mentioned on here a few times, but I've never heard them, but I'm thinking it might be worth heading down there and checking them out.

Seth, believe me you definitely want to go & see them live, especially as said, it's in a small intimate venue. Also, check out their myspace page, loads of live footage of Maximo Park live on there!

Back