• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didnt see anything to warrant ejection iinitially but after they'd gone the cut throat gestures from some others were too far.

I'm all for banter but death threats are a bit different.

To be fair some spotty youth making a cut throat is hardly threatening.

Is it true that there was taunting of the Wimbledon supporters connected with the Franchise?

The box office said it was either front or back row... and allocated seating before todays game. Every game, even the Crawley one, it has never been sold out, so we're at the back row (not complaining). They also started saying, ''North Banks sold out.'' And the match begins and there's spare seats around us! Can someone explain why the people that work in the ticket office are so thick?

My guess is that they were told to say so and perhaps if not sold out it was to accommodate any fans that wanted to venture round to the North from the West.

Regards,

Is it true that there was taunting of the Wimbledon supporters connected with the Franchise?

Just a bit.....

They tried to start something off about we'd never won the Cup and been in the Prem or something and I think a few decided that we should remind them that, as they themselves normally point out, they're not the same club and in fact it was the MK Dons franchise that did all that. :winking:

As for the ejections, it looked like it all started with the stewards having a word because they thought either some of the gestures or language was getting a bit OTT, that seemed to get a bit heated an the individual concerned didn't seem to want to calm down. The stewards then seemed to decide that he had to go and he resisted whereupon some others got involved and then the chap in the bush hat threw a nice left at one of the stewards, looked like it caught him in the head.
AA%20facepalm.gif
:dim:
AA%20facepalm.gif

Result was they got taken out.

Compared to many other games I've been to over the years it was all very much handbags at forty paces, or should that be 25 seats?

Transferred to North Bank from my normal decent seat in the South Upper for the 1st time. Have to say i quite enjoyed it! The view is a bit crap but i think the further forward you are the better the view is albeit a bit nearer pitch level. Wouldnt rule out doing it again though.

Just a bit.....

They tried to start something off about we'd never won the Cup and been in the Prem or something and I think a few decided that we should remind them that, as they themselves normally point out, they're not the same club and in fact it was the MK Dons franchise that did all that. :winking:

As for the ejections, it looked like it all started with the stewards having a word because they thought either some of the gestures or language was getting a bit OTT, that seemed to get a bit heated an the individual concerned didn't seem to want to calm down. The stewards then seemed to decide that he had to go and he resisted whereupon some others got involved and then the chap in the bush hat threw a nice left at one of the stewards, looked like it caught him in the head. :facepalm::dim: :facepalm:

Result was they got taken out.

Compared to many other games I've been to over the years it was all very much handbags at forty paces, or should that be 25 seats?

Actually that's completely arse about face. MK Franchise has no connection to the Wimbledon we all know and love...the team we played yesterday are the FA cup winners. I was ashamed that any 'Proper' football fan would taunt another team with something of that nature. The footballing community did it's best to stand up to what happened to Wimbledon and that should always continue to be the case....lest something similar happen to us. Shame on those that took part.

Actually that's completely arse about face. MK Franchise has no connection to the Wimbledon we all know and love...the team we played yesterday are the FA cup winners. I was ashamed that any 'Proper' football fan would taunt another team with something of that nature. The footballing community did it's best to stand up to what happened to Wimbledon and that should always continue to be the case....lest something similar happen to us. Shame on those that took part.

When the stewards let the AFC Wimbledon fans into the extra section they charged across in a very aggressive manner and started taunting the Southend fans, it was pretty obvious that the Southend fans would react in some way. Nothing was ever going to happen but I think this set the tone for the rest of the match.

I'm pretty sure most Southend fans know who the real Wimbledon are and if their fans got so wound up by a few of our fans chanting 'MK Dons' then job done as far as banter goes!

Although thinking about it we could have done with a more support for our team rather than towards the away fans, but this is always going to happen with home fans so close to the away fans.

As I understood it the old Wimbledon FC moved to the National Hockey Stadium in MK in Sept 2003 from their ground-sharing arrangement at Palace where they had been since 1991 but under the agreement brokered by the FSF in 2007 agreed to reform as MK Dons as a new club with effect from 2004, relinquished all claims to Wimbledon's history, and transferred all rights to honours, titles, trademarks and domain names in the name of Wimbledon FC to the London Borough of Merton. The LB of Merton then transferred the trademarks and domain names to AFC Wimbledon, a new club formed by Wimbledon FC's estranged supporters in 2002, but retained the rights to the history and honours as if the original Wimbledon FC had folded.
Although many AFC Wimbledon fans may have been fans of Wimbledon FC and feel they have the moral right to claim the latter's history strictly speaking they don't, as much as we might all have sympathy and be indignant about what happened, they are not that club; no more than the current Accrington Stanley are the same as the one that folded back in 1964.... :sad:

Perhaps if their skins are so thin on the subject they should consider what's likely to come back before they start the verbals and the aggressive gestures and posturing. :whistling:

Having said that, there are some things chanted in grounds that I think are well OTT, certain taunts about aircrashes and stadia disasters are, IMHO, in very poor taste. :thumbdown:

To be fair, they were saying we're West Ham fans, we just started chanting about MK Dons. If they're that fragile then they shouldn't even attempt banter.

Was all in good spirits from what I saw.

To be fair, they were saying we're West Ham fans, we just started chanting about MK Dons. If they're that fragile then they shouldn't even attempt banter.

Was all in good spirits from what I saw.

Totally agreed. I don't think many people would have seen it as anything other than banter.

As I understood it the old Wimbledon FC moved to the National Hockey Stadium in MK in Sept 2003 from their ground-sharing arrangement at Palace where they had been since 1991 but under the agreement brokered by the FSF in 2007 agreed to reform as MK Dons as a new club with effect from 2004, relinquished all claims to Wimbledon's history, and transferred all rights to honours, titles, trademarks and domain names in the name of Wimbledon FC to the London Borough of Merton. The LB of Merton then transferred the trademarks and domain names to AFC Wimbledon, a new club formed by Wimbledon FC's estranged supporters in 2002, but retained the rights to the history and honours as if the original Wimbledon FC had folded.
Although many AFC Wimbledon fans may have been fans of Wimbledon FC and feel they have the moral right to claim the latter's history strictly speaking they don't, as much as we might all have sympathy and be indignant about what happened, they are not that club; no more than the current Accrington Stanley are the same as the one that folded back in 1964.... :sad:

Perhaps if their skins are so thin on the subject they should consider what's likely to come back before they start the verbals and the aggressive gestures and posturing. :whistling:

Having said that, there are some things chanted in grounds that I think are well OTT, certain taunts about aircrashes and stadia disasters are, IMHO, in very poor taste. :thumbdown:

Thats well put.

As you say technically this Wimbledon is a brand new club and has no more history than MK Dons.

For me a club is as much about the supporters though and the supporters will be the same so the heart of the old Wimbledon goes with them.

Hi y'all - firstly must compliment your support on Monday, made a real change to hear home fans make some noise was very impressed. Pretty much all home support, and I include ours in that, have been pretty dire this year. It really helped having the away support next to your noisier contingent. Would have been better if we hadn't been so gash. Not losing too much sleep over the franchise stuff, as one of your posters pointed out if you give it then expect to take it. Especially if alleging you all prefer to get your football kicks in the London Borough of Newham :whistling:.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and in the playoffs, won't lie it would be a shame if we didn't get an awayday in Southend next year, apart from the game was a cracking day out.

The box office said it was either front or back row... and allocated seating before todays game. Every game, even the Crawley one, it has never been sold out, so we're at the back row (not complaining). They also started saying, ''North Banks sold out.'' And the match begins and there's spare seats around us! Can someone explain why the people that work in the ticket office are so thick?

its not a question of being thick, its simply a distinct lack of communication across the team , and no clear message.

Some staff say its allocated seating
Some say sit where you like
some say where would you like sit, its allocated seating but people tend to sit where they like.

In practice its au-allocated- they should make this the official line. If it does get busy in the future there is going to be arguments over 'your in my seat(standing space)

Hi y'all - firstly must compliment your support on Monday, made a real change to hear home fans make some noise was very impressed. Pretty much all home support, and I include ours in that, have been pretty dire this year. It really helped having the away support next to your noisier contingent. Would have been better if we hadn't been so gash. Not losing too much sleep over the franchise stuff, as one of your posters pointed out if you give it then expect to take it. Especially if alleging you all prefer to get your football kicks in the London Borough of Newham :whistling:.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and in the playoffs, won't lie it would be a shame if we didn't get an awayday in Southend next year, apart from the game was a cracking day out.

Good to hear the other point of view MW and see that it was all taken in the same way it was given. Happy also to see that you enjoyed the day out in our not so sunny Southend ****hole :smile:, see it's not that bad :thumbsup:

regarding the sell out thing, i heard that they dont sell the block thats closest to the away fans, just like the W block so whoever wants to move there can just go there, so they might have been saying that the allocated seating was sold out, but most people just moved over to the unreserved bit.... thats what i think anyways

Back