• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good Luck Guys

Proud to be a Cobbler

This is hard for me because I'm absolutely gutted.

I thought over the two legs there was nothing to seperate us except you got that bit of fortune with the Pen decisions, maybe that bit of luck you were missing in the run in. The ref bottled giving a Pen to Sabin in the last minute and it was obviously from then on in that we were destined not to score. We should have been better than that... You are a top team but we were so disappointing.

Good Luck in the Final. Thought the noise was great today from both sets of fans.

Ben, completely gutted Cobbler.

Oh, just like to add:

Does Bentley usually give away so many fouls?

good to hear mate.. but who cares, we're going to cardiff and your not!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 22 2005,00:46)]good to hear mate.. but who cares, we're going to cardiff and your not!
Good old CS J - gracious in victory as ever..
oops.gif

Well done J for looking like a total **** when this true fan (yeah from ANOTHER team) comes on & wishes us good luck for next week. I despair I really do! Did your ban not teach you anything my son?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 22 2005,00:46)]good to hear mate.. but who cares, we're going to cardiff and your not!
We're going Torquay! Hahah--oh!
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud to be a Cobbler @ May 22 2005,00:53)]
[b said:
down.gif
And Carlisle - don't forget Carlise
biggrin.gif

(Carlisle is my nearest game, PTBAC - only 350 miles south - if we go up to League 1, I'll lose my annual away match
down.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud to be a Cobbler @ May 22 2005,00:26)]This is hard for me because I'm absolutely gutted.

I thought over the two legs there was nothing to seperate us except you got that bit of fortune with the Pen decisions, maybe that bit of luck you were missing in the run in. The ref bottled giving a Pen to Sabin in the last minute and it was obviously from then on in that we were destined not to score. We should have been better than that... You are a top team but we were so disappointing.

Good Luck in the Final. Thought the noise was great today from both sets of fans.

Hi Ben
Thanks for your comments, perhaps we did, although I have to say how is Barry Knight a so-called Premier$hite standard referee? He was awful to both teams today, one of those who gives everything to one team for 15/20 mins & then the other for the next to even it up.

If I was in your postion I would be gutted beyond belief as neither team really deserved to lose over both legs, IMHO both teams were set up to play amazingly away from home & that's what we both did. Obviously the 2nd leg was a bit more open but that's 2-legged football for you. Not so sure about Sabin's penalty claim as it appeared that Freddy was denied seconds earlier but I have to say if I was a neutral which in no way I am, YOU WAS ROBBED for the foul when Flavs forgot Andy Kirk was behind him & he nicked the ball Best v Clemence style!

Do the Cobblers still wanna swap refs??? No offence but your nemesis from last year looked a lot better than Knight in the Lincoln Towers game earlier today!

Anyway, well done for coming on here & taking on certain tw@ts to give us best wishes and an opinion from the North Bank. Good Luck next season, maybe I'll pop down & cheer you guys on @ Brunton Park (if you promise to buy me a pint
tounge.gif
)

All the best,
Richard

PS: Oh & Bentley can give some silly fouls away but it generally depends on if the ref has Small Person Syndrome!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,00:57)]YOU WAS ROBBED for the foul when Flavs forgot Andy Kirk was behind him & he nicked the ball Best v Clemence style!
It was actually Gordon Banks. Yes, I'm that old.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 22 2005,00:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud to be a Cobbler @ May 22 2005,00:53)]
[b said:
down.gif
And Carlisle - don't forget Carlise  
biggrin.gif

(Carlisle is my nearest game, PTBAC - only 350 miles south - if we go up to League 1, I'll lose my annual away match  
down.gif
)
I've been there before.

Its quite nice really. You can shove your Notts Forest up your arse!
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,00:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud to be a Cobbler @ May 22 2005,00:26)]This is hard for me because I'm absolutely gutted.

Hi Ben
Thanks for your comments, perhaps we did, although I have to say  how is Barry Knight a so-called Premier$hite standard referee?  He was awful to both teams today, one of those who gives everything to one team for 15/20 mins & then the other for the next to even it up.

If I was in your postion I would be gutted beyond belief as neither team really deserved to lose over both legs, IMHO both teams were set up to play amazingly away from home & that's what we both did.  Obviously the 2nd leg was a bit more open but that's 2-legged football for you.  Not so sure about Sabin's penalty claim as it appeared that Freddy was denied seconds earlier but I have to say if I was a neutral which in no way I am, YOU WAS ROBBED for the foul when Flavs forgot Andy Kirk was behind him & he nicked the ball Best v Clemence style!

Do the Cobblers still wanna swap refs???  No offence but your nemesis from last year looked a lot better than Knight in the Lincoln Towers game earlier today!

Anyway, well done for coming on here & taking on certain tw@ts to give us best wishes and an opinion from the North Bank.  Good Luck next season, maybe I'll pop down & cheer you guys on @ Brunton Park (if you promise to buy me a pint  
tounge.gif
)

All the best,
Richard

PS: Oh & Bentley can give some silly fouls away but it generally depends on if the ref has Small Person Syndrome!
Cheers mate.

I will be there as always...

I wouldnt have minded Crossley, buts lets just say if you think we should have had a Pen today, times the foul by about 4 - and it wasn't given at 3-3 on aggregate last minute.

w***er.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 22 2005,01:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,00:57)]YOU WAS ROBBED for the foul when Flavs forgot Andy Kirk was behind him & he nicked the ball Best v Clemence style!
Don't think it was FBM, I may be not that old but wasn't it the 73 or 74 Home Internationals @ Windsor Park when a very young Ray was robbed by cheeky Georgie?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,01:10)]
[b said:
[b said:
It was actually Gordon Banks.  Yes, I'm that old.
Don't think it was FBM, I may be not that old but wasn't it the 73 or 74 Home Internationals @ Windsor Park when a very young Ray was robbed by cheeky Georgie?
Just to muddy the waters, Rich, I had the feeling that it was either Banks or Shilton...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 22 2005,01:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,01:10)]
[b said:
[b said:
Just to muddy the waters, Rich, I had the feeling that it was either Banks or Shilton...
rock.gif
Damn & I was SOOOOOO convinced as well!
Maybe a search on the FA website is in order!

Any news on the "Scottish Shrimpers" Polo-shirts? Any chance they'll be ready for next Sat?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,01:18)]Damn & I was SOOOOOO convinced as well!

Any news on the "Scottish Shrimpers" Polo-shirts?  Any chance they'll be ready for next Sat?
Sorry Rich, I got an good offer of printed shirts from Tony, and some advice about embroidered, which I haven't yet followed up. I don't think that there is much chance of anything in time for Cardiff. Also, going to the MS again will pretty much bankrupt me, so I think I might have to delay the shirts for a wee while.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 22 2005,01:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ May 22 2005,01:18)]Damn & I was SOOOOOO convinced as well!

Any news on the "Scottish Shrimpers" Polo-shirts? Any chance they'll be ready for next Sat?
Sorry Rich, I got an good offer of printed shirts from Tony, and some advice about embroidered, which I haven't yet followed up. I don't think that there is much chance of anything in time for Cardiff. Also, going to the MS again will pretty much bankrupt me, so I think I might have to delay the shirts for a wee while.
Yeah, just seen the playoff ticket prices
mad.gif

This time I am resorting to flying to Stansted, then getting my folks to pick me up & drive me to Cardiff. I am hoping that me setting foot on the good soil of Essex beforehand will change SUFC's luck.

Can we not get Nike polo's cheap out of JJB & then embroidered with whatever we want on them?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This was the most notorious of all the Best goals. For those of you who missed it, it was Northern Ireland versus England in Belfast. Banks tried to kick down the field and as he dropped the ball to his left foot, George's right foot knocked it up in the air, behind Banks. They both scrambled toward the goal, but Best got there first and headed it in. A masterpiece! A super goal, which was disallowed by a referee who probably wasn't even watching.

Ok fair enough I stand corrected.
Although this is from a MankU website!

[b said:

Cheers and commiserations.

Whilst Northampton were the slightly better team at Sixfields, I thought we had much the better of the game at Roots Hall and in my bias opinion I'd have felt a greater injustice than you are currently feeling if we hadn't won, especially if you then add in the fact that we'd beaten you three times already and finished well above you. I'm sure its scant consolation though.

Northampton are a decent team, but I feel you need to toughen up a little. A player like Bentley in midfield would help you no end. Yes, he fouls a lot, but that is only because he goes in for so many tackles if you are making 20+ tackles a game you'll end up committing a few fouls - but i love his wholehearted approach. However I think a couple of centre halves must be your priority. Laurie Dudfield was winning far too much in the air, a dominating central defender like Prior would probably turn you into a promotion side, add in someone of Barrett's class and you'd run away with it.

All the best for next season, Northampton and their fans are a credit to the division.

ps I had a very good view of the penalty and felt it was soft but the correct decision - although they aren't always given. In fact I think we had a better shout for handball just before. Will reserve judgment on the other pen shouts until I've seen them on TV. At the time I felt we were well on top and a goal was coming, we'd rediscovered out attacking verve and were starting to play football once more.

Back