• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
Another Gills defeat, more goals conceded and a lack of goals at the other end must give boss Edinburgh plenty to ponder with the opening League One fixture against Southend United just a week away.

In addition there was another injury to the Gills squad as midfielder Lee Martin was stretched off and necessitated the friendly being abandoned ten minutes early.

Despite a lively first half the Gills found themselves two goals adrift at the break against a League Two side who were comprehensively better at taking their chances. If Gills had those extra ten minutes back they would not have bridged the gap.

Teams are finding it relatively easy to score against Gills, the midfield are not gelling and lack of goals up front must be worrying to manager Edinburgh. The squad might be getting fitter, but as a whole, the team is average.

I think I'll wait until 5:00pm Saturday before I offer comment on this.

The opening two games are relegation six pointers and we need to take all six points on offer......................

Yep friendlies are just warm up games to get players fit for the coming new season we should not read too much into them

I wouldn't take much notice of friendly results. They count for nothing

Gillingham are going to do well this year. They've added players and look set to keep the best player in the league in Dack

Back