• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gordon Hill - a personal reply

Napster

No ⭐
Paul.

Thanks for the info, I was only down at Southend when my brother was on trial and I was asked to play a few youth games with your team, Arthur Rowley was your manager. I never joined so how they came up with, "he did not understand the tactics" is rubbish, It was at United under Dave Sexton I said I do not understand his tactics. You had a great player in Peter Taylor, who I got on well with, that is about all I did for Southend sorry.

Many thanks

Gordon

Gordon Hill

Now there truly was one who "Got away"...I had the pleasure of seeing him as a triallist in a rare reserve gane I attended in 1970's...It was obvious that this smallish but v skillfull player has some talent...We heard no more until next I hear he was at Millwall...The rest is history!

Paul.

Thanks for the info, I was only down at Southend when my brother was on trial and I was asked to play a few youth games with your team, Arthur Rowley was your manager. I never joined so how they came up with, "he did not understand the tactics" is rubbish, It was at United under Dave Sexton I said I do not understand his tactics. You had a great player in Peter Taylor, who I got on well with, that is about all I did for Southend sorry.

Many thanks

Gordon

What was he charged with? :D

Quality little player was Gordon Hill. Remember him well at Millwall and Manchester United. His career took a nosedive after he left them and went to Derby and QPR and I can recall seeing him play for Northwich Victoria at Fisher Athletic in the Conference in the early 80's, which shows how far his career did actually fall away in the end.

Never knew he had a Southend connection at all.

Good player, who was his brother, Hambro or Bread and Cheese?

dog.jpg

Quality little player was Gordon Hill. Remember him well at Millwall and Manchester United. His career took a nosedive after he left them and went to Derby and QPR and I can recall seeing him play for Northwich Victoria at Fisher Athletic in the Conference in the early 80's, which shows how far his career did actually fall away in the end.

Never knew he had a Southend connection at all.

Great player for Manure. Think he was on the opposite wing to Stevie Coppell in the late 70s

I used to get the train from Moorgate at the time and was always amused that it would be stopping at 'Gordon Hill@!

A great little player, for a few years only tho. Something happened as he never reached the Man U heights again. 39 goals in 101 appearances for them in 3 years. That's just silly playing on the left wing.

[video=youtube;GL1KbWlu7oY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1KbWlu7oY[/video]

Great story about Gordon Hill ( tennis wind up ) in Eamon Dunphys excellent book.
cant recall the title but basically a diary of his time at Millwall

Great story about Gordon Hill ( tennis wind up ) in Eamon Dunphys excellent book.
cant recall the title but basically a diary of his time at Millwall

Only a Game ? Excellent book - think he's written another; unlikely to be as good.

Back