• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gossip from the Trust Player of the Year Awards last night

Man bags

Thanks for your defence, but I think they're winding me up, I'm more than used to it by now!

Incidentally, for those wanting fashion news, there was a proliferation of man bags amongst the Yoofies, and one or two amongst the 1st teamers. The 1st team all wore their usual "off duty" club polos and training pants, but the Yoofies wore their own clothes and I have to say they looked pretty smart considering the criticisms being laid against young men and where they wear their trousers on another thread!

How times have changed!
As someone working on the continent(and often carrying a lot of books and/or a laptop around)I've been a big fan of man bags for a couple of decades(or more) now.
In fact I remember coming back to London for three months to complete an M.A. in the early 90's and not having time to dump my bag after a Friday afternoon seminar at the Instute of Education in London.I dashed down for an evening game at Roots Hall in time for a quick pint at the Spread.
I clocked the bemused looks as I went into the gents and relieved myself to a chorus of "Who's the w***er,Who's the w***er with the bag?"

Last edited:
Thanks for your defence, but I think they're winding me up, I'm more than used to it by now!

Incidentally, for those wanting fashion news, there was a proliferation of man bags amongst the Yoofies, and one or two amongst the 1st teamers. The 1st team all wore their usual "off duty" club polos and training pants, but the Yoofies wore their own clothes and I have to say they looked pretty smart considering the criticisms being laid against young men and where they wear their trousers on another thread!

Scannell & Moussa must have missed the memo then...

The 'I know something you don't know thread'... Pathetic.

Err no. It was a thread to allow people there to pass on any snippets of conversation that might have been of interest to others. I'm really sorry if that's beyond your comprehension.

Getting well hacked off by this now.

A cheeky sized mackrel has just been reeled in. Move this thread to the pub then if it is all heresay. Beyond my comprehension... OUCH!

Err no. It was a thread to allow people there to pass on any snippets of conversation that might have been of interest to others. I'm really sorry if that's beyond your comprehension.

Getting well hacked off by this now.

Kay - you clearly know it's a wind up, you post that you know it's a wind up - and then the very next post you bite hard. Why do you think they keep doing it?

Not every post needs an answer!

:thump:

I think we should ask them to spell relegation first before we ask them to explain it.

Kay - you clearly know it's a wind up, you post that you know it's a wind up - and then the very next post you bite hard. Why do you think they keep doing it?

Not every post needs an answer!

:thump:

They're days apart though! My mood on one day does not automatically transfer over to the next Tom!

They're days apart though! My mood on one day does not automatically transfer over to the next Tom!

tampax.jpg

:whistling:

got told today a few little things, macca is off to millwall money agreed just waiting till end of millwall's play off's to finalise deal! 200k for him!

Mildenhall has had a massive row with Ron, bout money so be interesting if mildenhall goes now!

Orient have come in for Barrett.

Tilson has told Ron we need 15 players and has given him a list.

got told today a few little things, macca is off to millwall money agreed just waiting till end of millwall's play off's to finalise deal! 200k for him!

Mildenhall has had a massive row with Ron, bout money so be interesting if mildenhall goes now!

Orient have come in for Barrett.

Tilson has told Ron we need 15 players and has given him a list.

All interesting stuff.

I genuinely can't see Millwall going for Macca if they win promotion. Even if they didn't go up, I can't see him forcing his way past the likes of Abdou. However, I'm hoping its true as £200K will be very handy.

Mildenhall has been rumoured to be departing since about March/April time. First I've heard of a row but Bristol Rovers, Yeovil and Swindon are all supposed to be interested. Again, I can't see the Swindon thing being true, but I could believe the other two.

Barrett to Orient? I can't see it. I think Barrett may well disappear this summer, but I can't imagine Orient could afford his wages, let alone a transfer fee for him.

I like the idea of 15 new players coming in to join the likes of Moussa, Grant, Scannell etc. I hope we have already begun making moves for our targets.

Back