• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Granty to Swansea??

simac21

Coach
heard this yesterday, sounds like they're very interested!!
really hope he doesnt go!

To be honest this is 99% a load of rubbish, cant see him leaving after being loved by the fans and getting first team football week in week out

To be honest this is 99% a load of rubbish, cant see him leaving after being loved by the fans and getting first team football week in week out

That's quite naive Jack, as far as RM is concerned everyone is a commodity and if Swansea come in with a good enough offer and Grant can agree terms then he'll be off. I too heard this rumour yesterday, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least based on words from the man's mouth himself at MTBD.

That's quite naive Jack, as far as RM is concerned everyone is a commodity and if Swansea come in with a good enough offer and Grant can agree terms then he'll be off. I too heard this rumour yesterday, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least based on words from the man's mouth himself at MTBD.

I honestly cannot see Granty leaving thats my opinion, and there has been many rumours from last season to know and how many have actually been true?
Thats not a dig at you but Rumours get out of hand

if they offer any amount over 50k he will be gone.....brendon rodgers knows him well too...might be truth in this?

Plus Pardew was at the game yesterday, sitting next to Paul Brush. Maybe interested in Granty or there big striker???

if they offer any amount over 50k he will be gone.....brendon rodgers knows him well too...might be truth in this?

I realise if Swansea come in for him he is likely to go but 50k??? My guess is Uncle Ron will want a fair bit more than that to sell him, 50k for someone who is our best player by a country mile is a pittance.....

My guess would be that RM would be looking for 150k+, especially given that we are now within the wage budget and Granty is on a long-term contract.

I realise if Swansea come in for him he is likely to go but 50k??? My guess is Uncle Ron will want a fair bit more than that to sell him, 50k for someone who is our best player by a country mile is a pittance.....

My guess would be that RM would be looking for 150k+, especially given that we are now within the wage budget and Granty is on a long-term contract.
this ron martin we are talking about, if it was 2k for his granny he would be interested.

I think we have to face up to the fact he WILL be off before August is out, at best January. Probably to a Championship side and for an "undisclosed" fee.

The boy is far too good for League Two.

Of course we can live in hope that he will stay, but I just cannot see it myself. He deserves a higher standard of football and we are not really in a position financially to deny him that.

I think we have to face up to the fact he WILL be off before August is out, at best January. Probably to a Championship side and for an "undisclosed" fee.

Of course we can live in hope that he will stay, but I just cannot see it myself. He deserves a higher standard of football and we are not really in a position financially to deny him that.

really i thought he wanted to stay?

yep thats it, that hit the nail right on the head, he is miles to good for this league, just has to cut out them silly yellow cards now as i think he is already on 3 this season.

Money talks Jack. Transfer fee for the club and the biggest reasons are he can play in a higher league and probably get 2 or 3x the wages per week. Then there is always the agent to give him nudge.

Also don't forget his new contract was signed in L1 so is probably one of the highest ones we're paying (assuming we are now of course!).

this ron martin we are talking about, if it was 2k for his granny he would be interested.

The same RM who apparently turned down £200k for Macca last January? Granty is twice the player. Now I'm not saying we'll get that much but £50k is a pittance for someone of his ability......

Also don't forget his new contract was signed in L1 so is probably one of the highest ones we're paying (assuming we are now of course!).

Very true but as we now fall within the wage cap for L2 this may not be so important for RM right now. He isn't so stupid not to realise we need to keep our best player to have a chance of getting out of L2 this season.

Very true but as we now fall within the wage cap for L2 this may not be so important for RM right now. He isn't so stupid not to realise we need to keep our best player to have a chance of getting out of L2 this season.

A bit like saying you need to keep your top goalscorer to stay in League 1.

Fair comment but that was a different situation I think. Barnard made it clear he didn't want to stay and would "down tools" I believe was the comment at the time. Granty has said no such thing to my knowledge.

Good point and that is what killed our season. I think goals will be hard to come by this season. We need a tricky wide man and a striker in the mould of wayne gray.

Back