• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Granty to Swansea??

Although off thread, never rated him. Obviously no other league club doe's at this present time, as he is now playing non league for Cambridge.

His game was all about pace (still holds the junior 100m record, or at least he did) and I think he lost 4 or 5 yards with a nasty ligament injury.

Grant's contract to be cancelled by mutual consent in the next week, and he will then sign for a Championship club. That would never happen would it really?

His game was all about pace (still holds the junior 100m record, or at least he did) and I think he lost 4 or 5 yards with a nasty ligament injury.

Gray score like 15 goals in league 2 something i doubt none of our current crop will achieve

If Grant Left and we get a decent fee for him and that fee was spent getting a good goalscorer in how would the Grant must stay believers feel then. Traditionally we have been a selling club get reasonable players in nuture them along and the sell them, its the way we have survived for years nothing new there apart from we have always replaced players with fees bought in, now the money goes into a black hole. If he goes and the fee is spent to strenghten the squad no problem, if he goes and the money vanishes big problem.

If there is a god left in SUFC heaven, then please let this not happen :'(

Personally I would have thought if his contract was going to be cancelled like Moussa, Laurent etc I would have thought it would have been done already, afterall those players didn't have clubs lined up already. So if he does go hopefully we'll get some money (watch me be proved spectacularly wrong).

I for one blame TheAnthonyGrantAppreciationSociety. Why oh why couldn't he think ahead and name himself the RonMartinAppreciationSociety eh?

Gray also scored two cup goals that season. So if you're discounting them then that reduces Gray's tally to 11. That's hardly prolific.

As one of the main two strikers in a promotion winning side, Wayne Gray scored eight league goals from open play. Do you really think that Paterson can't equal that if given the games?

If there is a god left in SUFC heaven, then please let this not happen :'(

Personally I would have thought if his contract was going to be cancelled like Moussa, Laurent etc I would have thought it would have been done already, afterall those players didn't have clubs lined up already. So if he does go hopefully we'll get some money (watch me be proved spectacularly wrong).

I for one blame TheAnthonyGrantAppreciationSociety. Why oh why couldn't he think ahead and name himself the RonMartinAppreciationSociety eh?

Mark Bentley, Peter Clarke, Franck Moussa, all appreciated and then f*****d off. I'd like to assure you that Snoop Dogg is going nowhere...... :unsure:

Last edited:
Scunthorpe were also looking at grant, as they have had scouts at friendly, cup and league games at home. Rumours are they are also possibly looking at Matt Paterson.... wouldn't know why.

Scunthorpe were also looking at grant, as they have had scouts at friendly, cup and league games at home. Rumours are they are also possibly looking at Matt Paterson.... wouldn't know why.

Given their record with strikers, I don't think it'd be right to question them...

Probably because, for a 20-year-old, he already looks to have a lot of quality.

Interesting, I heard at the week-end that Bournemouth, Charlton and Aldershot have already made enquiries about Paterson and have seen/heard today both Scunthrope and Leeds have been looking. I do hope that these rumours are not well founded and had no bearing on him being a substitute on Saturday. I for one hope the lad stays, he has quality.

Paterson will be more important than Grant, seeing as he's the only striker who ever looks like scoring

Well, depends who you think pulled the plug on it then. Not prepared to state publicly what I believe to be the truth on that.

Now, I don't mean to be funny (and I'm not really slating you directly here, at least not meaning to) and you are of course entitled to keep any information you have to yourself...but, what's the point of a forum if you don't share it? I never have, nor probably ever will have "insider knowledge" but it frustrates me that people post things on Shrimperzone such as this...if you have information then fine, feel free to keep it to yourself but don't say something like "I know something you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you". Anybody could write things like this and that's one of the problems of Shrimperzone...if you have something to say, say it. If you do but don't want to tell everyone else then why do you feel the need to let everyone else know that you're not going to share it?

Now, I don't mean to be funny (and I'm not really slating you directly here, at least not meaning to) and you are of course entitled to keep any information you have to yourself...but, what's the point of a forum if you don't share it? I never have, nor probably ever will have "insider knowledge" but it frustrates me that people post things on Shrimperzone such as this...if you have information then fine, feel free to keep it to yourself but don't say something like "I know something you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you". Anybody could write things like this and that's one of the problems of Shrimperzone...if you have something to say, say it. If you do but don't want to tell everyone else then why do you feel the need to let everyone else know that you're not going to share it?

I know what you mean.

:whistling:

Grant leaving would be dire...without doubt our best player...a class above in my opinion and one we really need to hold onto.

Back