• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

hi Grays supporter here. It is very disappointing that we will not face your first team. it is a little disrespectful, and is a bit of a kick in the nuts to our fantastic volunteers who have been working their socks off preparing for this celebratory match. I can understand that you are preparing for your first league game however it would have been good to see a few first team players involved.
Oh well its not to be. We will all have a good day regardless, we will celebrate our 125th Anniversary and enjoy whooping your young lambs!! lol. Seriously though it would be good to see a few of you tomorrow at the match. regards and best of luck for the season

hi Grays supporter here. It is very disappointing that we will not face your first team. it is a little disrespectful, and is a bit of a kick in the nuts to our fantastic volunteers who have been working their socks off preparing for this celebratory match. I can understand that you are preparing for your first league game however it would have been good to see a few first team players involved.
Oh well its not to be. We will all have a good day regardless, we will celebrate our 125th Anniversary and enjoy whooping your young lambs!! lol. Seriously though it would be good to see a few of you tomorrow at the match. regards and best of luck for the season
This is the point I think, it's unlikely the whole squad will play against Orient so could have sent a couple down. Hopefully, they'll ask a few first team players to go along to watch (as they did against Wakering) to help boost the crowd a bit. Enjoy the day graysblues!

I couldnt agree more fish, and shoebury boy. You both got it spot on. Grays and Southend are entwined over history, be it players and fans. Respect for 125 years of footballing history, I would really like to see a good turn out for this game.

Blimey, never seen that before. Over an hour and a half after the game and not one comment during or after the game. I know it was only under 21s, but any Southend X1 would normally get updates and final score and comments about youngsters.

Havent seen any updates from anyone as doubt there is much interest. Previous years we have mixed the youngsters in with 1st teams and trialists so might have been worth going but now purely Under 21's. We did the Brentwood game and was only a handful of Southend there.

Thought I would pop in en route to Southend. The boys 3 down at ht: a pen, a good goal on the break, and another one while I was staring at my phone and no replay available. Grays team also look very young, but that may be just be a function of my age.

Finished 3-0 to Grays, lively and open 2nd half but neither side able to take chances. Enough youth and pace on display to weaken Mrs Blue's knees, but nothing obvious to challenge Hunt and Mooney, who both sound like a step-up from last season to me, and last season didn't end too badly.

Thanks for that Grandad. In the absence of any first teamers, did many Blues fans make the journey or were you Billy-no-mates?

Thanks for that Grandad. In the absence of any first teamers, did many Blues fans make the journey or were you Billy-no-mates?
I went and I doubt that there was more than 125 all in for the crowd ....quite a few youngsters in as it was free

to be honest Grays looked good for three nil, we didn't offer much apart from the number 11 ....waste of a couple of hours to be honest

Grays won 3-0. Carlos, Michael-Percil and Ferguson scoring.

Well done Grays on such a memorable day (125 years). I hope a good croud turned up for them.

Back