• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grays/Oli

MilkeySUFC

Manager⭐
<SNIP>

The deadline signing of former Cambridge centre-back Stev Angus and Joe Bruce's switch to centre-back have given Stimson further options.

And the Grays boss was relieved to see the transfer activity all going one way with Southend target Dennis Oli staying at the Recreation Ground.

"I was very pleased we did not lose anybody. But my message to the supporters who want to see these players is get down here because you never know what will happen in January," Stimson said.

"This club is a massive shop window. Players have progressed with us and while we don't want to lose them if a deal is right for everyone we don't stand in their way."

</SNIP>

Hmmmm. Am I reading more into this than I should? Stimmo seems to be saying there's deals to be done at the right price.

An option if we don't sign JCR. If we do sign JCR then i can't see him coming, especially with Lawson having a good start!

Oli's a centre forward, but he can also play on the wing. If Lawson continues to develop well, though, I don't think we'll need him

Dont think we need him now, we have lawson and JCR! We need a left back, shall we pimp grays left back ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (silentshrimper @ Sep. 13 2005,19:25)]Dont think we need him now, we have lawson and JCR! We need a left back, shall we pimp grays left back ?
John Nutter? No thanks.
oops.gif

As I said in the other thread I really feel we need another striker, although I wouldn't go for Oli. He's not another Freddy at all.

I think the bridges have been burnt on that one though. £100k? Much rather see Agogo here who's 5 times the player.

Wycombe are going to want a fortune for Tyson, certainly more than we can afford now we've agreed to buy JCR. Besides, I doubt Wycombe will want to sell him, as they are expected to challenge this year

[b said:
Quote[/b] (silentshrimper @ Sep. 13 2005,19:25)]Dont think we need him now, we have lawson and JCR! We need a left back, shall we pimp grays left back ?
Isn't Mark Wright still with the club? He's a Left Back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 14 2005,12:43)]Wycombe are going to want a fortune for Tyson, certainly more than we can afford now we've agreed to buy JCR. Besides, I doubt Wycombe will want to sell him, as they are expected to challenge this year
If they did want to sell him i reckon the fee would be £500k at least -  he's been on fire this season!

We would have no chance....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 14 2005,12:47)]
[b said:
Isn't Mark Wright still with the club? He's a Left Back.
Nowhere near good enough to come into the side should Che pick up an injury. Isn't even starting for the reserves at left back, Kurt Hunsu is the left back with Wright in front of him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Sep. 14 2005,12:41)]What about Tyson - He is banging them in this season.
Not a chance in hell. Was supposed to go to Cardiff for £300K on transfer deadline day, dunno what happen there. We couldn't afford that.

What about Holt, TTK why haven't we signed him yet
tounge.gif

John Gorman said that Tyson was unhappy and wanted to move to a bigger club. Gorman said Tyson is looking to move in the January transfer window. It was on teletext a few weeks back

[b said:
Quote[/b] (grayhound @ Sep. 14 2005,16:22)]John Gorman said that Tyson was unhappy and wanted to move to a bigger club. Gorman said Tyson is looking to move in the January transfer window. It was on teletext a few weeks back
I think he'd be looking at moving to a bigger club than us... or at least his transfer fee would require a bigger club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 14 2005,16:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (grayhound @ Sep. 14 2005,16:22)]John Gorman said that Tyson was unhappy and wanted to move to a bigger club. Gorman said Tyson is looking to move in the January transfer window. It was on teletext a few weeks back
I think he'd be looking at moving to a bigger club than us... or at least his transfer fee would require a bigger club.
That's right.

Tyson is top notch and probably the best striker in league 2, and IMO a lot better than many in League 1.

I think a championship side will take a punt on him in January.

Back