• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great game spoilt by ****s in East Red, row c

Robbo

South Upper miserabilist
Cheers, you ****s. Taking my 9 year old son and his mate last night we had to put up with the whole range of offensive language from before the kick off to the last minute. The ref was a "ginger ****", the Orient players were nearly all "bald ****s" the lino was a "****ing ****". One of the geysers was going to rape another one's mother - it just went on and on for the whole ninety minutes.

My kids hear swearing, I swear, but give it a break. My son and his mate were not happy and don't want to go back to RH.

Well done, you ****s.

I sit in Row A of East Reds, and agree sometimes they seriously overstep the mark. They seem to have taken over from 'Boywonder'... ;)

Cheers, you ****s. Taking my 9 year old son and his mate last night we had to put up with the whole range of offensive language from before the kick off to the last minute. The ref was a "ginger ****", the Orient players were nearly all "bald ****s" the lino was a "****ing ****". One of the geysers was going to rape another one's mother - it just went on and on for the whole ninety minutes.

My kids hear swearing, I swear, but give it a break. My son and his mate were not happy and don't want to go back to RH.

Well done, you ****s.

I had a similar experience from a group of people, including children, sitting in the East blue back row. They were constantly swearing, used racist language, abused the stewards and encouraged their children to do the same.

After one particular game, I told my mate we would have to move, as I didn't enjoy the game even though we'd won.

Sadly this sort of behaviour and language seems to be becoming the norm in today's "Broken Britain" society. :'(

eerm did you speak to the Stewards and if so what was their reaction. TBH they'd done enough to be at least spoken to and then ejected if they persisted. Isn't that one of their roles?

Well done, you ****s.

I'm sorry but I'd be surprised if hearing people swearing upsets any kids over 3 or 4 years old. If your kids don't want to go to Roots Hall again it's probably because you spoilt the night for them moaning about people swearing all night.

Most kids swear like troopers all the time that an adult isn't in earshot; I know I did, my kids did, and the kids that play in the woods behind my house still do.

It's far more useful to let your kids learn about using language according to context than to pretend that nobody uses the C word or the F word.

Well done, you ****s.

Why didn't you say that to them then?

Sounds like your kid and his mate would prefer going to the cinema or the sealife centre.

I'm sorry but I'd be surprised if hearing people swearing upsets any kids over 3 or 4 years old. If your kids don't want to go to Roots Hall again it's probably because you spoilt the night for them moaning about people swearing all night.

Most kids swear like troopers all the time that an adult isn't in earshot; I know I did, my kids did, and the kids that play in the woods behind my house still do.

It's far more useful to let your kids learn about using language according to context than to pretend that nobody uses the C word or the F word.

Suffolk I'm absolutely amazed at your attempted defence of the indefensible. I must be getting old. Their behaviour IMHO went far beyond the bounds of fan banter. Unbelievable.

The pre-recorded announcement by the child pre-match does ask people to refrain from swearing in the family enclosure so, in effect, it seems ok to swear anywhere else in the ground.

Suffolk I'm absolutely amazed at your attempted defence of the indefensible. I must be getting old. Their behaviour IMHO went far beyond the bounds of fan banter. Unbelievable.

Quite right. I rarely swear, I've never heard my mum swear, my dad just once. My friends rarely swear, and from what I can remember, there wasn't much swearing at school (a comprehensive btw).

Why should a person be expected to put up with the foul language of others too selfish to control themselves for 90 minutes?

I seem to recall someone on here being thrown out for uttering something like "you're all a load of poo", therefore, surely saying to a steward "They're swearing like sailors and generally spoiling the game", I'm sure they would've either been asked nicely to shut up or told to leave.

And yes, I did indeed have sex with the ref's mum before the game and told him in the car park, this may be why he had such a mare, the only difference was that I never wanted to shout it out loud.

I was in the South Upper last night and had to put up with ldnfasto banging on about pimps, hos and how he was going to pop a cap in the *** of the Orient goalie.

Probably more the atmosphere of threatening behaviour rather than the language that has put them off. Try them in the South lower over near the West stand or the family enclosure.

There may be an acceptable or tolerable level of colourful language in other than the family stand, but Robbo suggests this was way OTT.

In an emotive and charged environment I think we can all expect degrees of swearing, it is all about proportionality and not everyones view on this subject will be the same.

Quiet word with stewards at back of stand and if they do not deal with, demand they move you and your children to a differing section.

Last edited:
Sadly this sort of behaviour and language seems to be becoming the norm in today's "Broken Britain" society. :'(
TBH i think if you put the fear of god into them, they probably will shut up. little boys trying to play the big man. just have a quiet word with them and say something bad will happen to them afterwards if they keep on, and 99.9% of the time, they will shut up :madman:

Just tell 'em the police didn't search you and you've got a knife, aught to do the trick.

if u dont want ur kids to hear language at a football game take em in the family stand!
theres a designated area just for you lot and im sure there's no swearing in there if there is im sure stewards will get involved

It's far more useful to let your kids learn about using language according to context than to pretend that nobody uses the C word or the F word.[/quote]

1 I didn't mention to them about what was going on behind them: I hoped that they'd ignore it as much as possible

2 I'm not living in dreamland, mate: I swear, I'm sure that my kids swear but for ninety minutes? So in your view shouting out "****" for ninety minutes at a football game is acceptable because it's in context?

eerm did you speak to the Stewards and if so what was their reaction. TBH they'd done enough to be at least spoken to and then ejected if they persisted. Isn't that one of their roles?

No, I didn't speak to the stewards: they were in the vicinity but it was obvious that they did not want to intervene.

I used the report an offensive number in the programme twice but there was no response.

Back