• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great game spoilt by ****s in East Red, row c

Football used to be a mans game. If you don't want to hear swearing, either don't go, or surely sit in the family section?

Football used to be a mans game. If you don't want to hear swearing, either don't go, or surely sit in the family section?

That's nonsense, J. There is nothing "manly" about a constant stream of swearing directed at all and sundry regardless of who is near at hand. That is just pure immature stupidity. If you were in the North Bank in the old days, you heard your fair share of invective, but it certainly wasn't non-stop, and it was usually used with a good dollop of humour too. I never expected my kids not to hear swearing, but this seems to have been completely over the top.

Cheers, you ****s. Taking my 9 year old son and his mate last night we had to put up with the whole range of offensive language from before the kick off to the last minute. The ref was a "ginger ****", the Orient players were nearly all "bald ****s" the lino was a "****ing ****". One of the geysers was going to rape another one's mother - it just went on and on for the whole ninety minutes.

My kids hear swearing, I swear, but give it a break. My son and his mate were not happy and don't want to go back to RH.

Well done, you ****s.
Try sitting in the south lower, there was a decent atmosphere there today and hardly any swearing.

I could hear them gobbing off down the front and i was at the back row!

I feel sorry about your situation,they just didn't stop!

Please people,don't spout rubbish ALL game,it lessens the effect!

So let me get this right, the people who have done nothing wrong should move or better still, stay at home. Whereas, the yobs using foul and abusive language non-stop for 90 minutes should stay and carry on doing their thing?

So let me get this right, the people who have done nothing wrong should move or better still, stay at home. Whereas, the yobs using foul and abusive language non-stop for 90 minutes should stay and carry on doing their thing?

What happened to this "respect" initiative - surely if they were verbally absuing the ref then that was enough grounds for the stewards to act. I feel very sorry for you having to put up with that, of course, swearing has always been part of supporting the game but that seems to me to have been totally over the top and completely unnecessary.

I sit in Row A of East Reds, and agree sometimes they seriously overstep the mark. They seem to have taken over from 'Boywonder'... ;)

Haha. I have been told before. No doubt I'll be up to my old tricks soon ;)

Are you talking about the guys abusing Melligan towards the end of the 2nd half, and having a pop at Morgan whilst he was warming up? Its all a bit of banter to be honest.

I'm sorry but I'd be surprised if hearing people swearing upsets any kids over 3 or 4 years old. If your kids don't want to go to Roots Hall again it's probably because you spoilt the night for them moaning about people swearing all night.

Most kids swear like troopers all the time that an adult isn't in earshot; I know I did, my kids did, and the kids that play in the woods behind my house still do.

It's far more useful to let your kids learn about using language according to context than to pretend that nobody uses the C word or the F word.

Very true. The thing that has made me smile is that you waited until you got on here to moan about them and then to have to censor your language in your post is crazy. Why not speak to them and ask them to tone it down or speak to someone that works for the club, steward etc??

I'm sorry but I'd be surprised if hearing people swearing upsets any kids over 3 or 4 years old. If your kids don't want to go to Roots Hall again it's probably because you spoilt the night for them moaning about people swearing all night.

Most kids swear like troopers all the time that an adult isn't in earshot; I know I did, my kids did, and the kids that play in the woods behind my house still do.

It's far more useful to let your kids learn about using language according to context than to pretend that nobody uses the C word or the F word.

Complete rubbish. The fact that children hear people swearing doesn't make it right. It's because some adults, even those that don't behave like it, have no respect for others and just think about themselves. Parents should not expect their kids to have to listen to foul language, plenty of time for that, unfortunately, when they they are much older.

The club takes a very bad view of bad language and Ron is thinking about placing notices on the backs of seats to remind people that foul language should not be used - this is a family club.

If people are offended they should tell the stewards and/or take a note of the seat number and stand and tell the club, who will take it further.

Report the incident to the club on monday morning. if somehow you can work out what seat numbers they were in, then the club will write to them and give them a warning. If this dosent work dont give up, write again and the club will eventually bar them for the season. How many future fans we have lost because of these orally out of control verbals I dred to think.
But I dont agree with the season ban though, what we really need is a little stand by itself somewhere, where all the foul-moutheds can sit together and enjoy each others parlance that they are so obviously used to. Northwest bit of the ground should do nicely, with a big wall between them and the opposition.

Report the incident to the club on monday morning. if somehow you can work out what seat numbers they were in, then the club will write to them and give them a warning. If this dosent work dont give up, write again and the club will eventually bar them for the season. How many future fans we have lost because of these orally out of control verbals I dred to think.

Cheers, mate: already done this morning.

Moving my season tickets to another part of the ground. Ticket office staff really good and are going to speak to the stadium manager next week about the stewards' inaction.

I can't believe some of the stick I've got over this - it's as though I've done something wrong by complaining about someone shouting "****" at full volume over my shoulder with kids all around for ninety minutes!

I agree with some of the posters - some of the banter with the players was funny, particularly towards the end with Melligan, but the continuous OTT language, was just too much with so many kids around.

I had a similar experience from a group of people, including children, sitting in the East blue back row. They were constantly swearing, used racist language, abused the stewards and encouraged their children to do the same.

After one particular game, I told my mate we would have to move, as I didn't enjoy the game even though we'd won.

I was in the East Blues last night and didn't hear any racist language. I know the group of people you mean who stand at the back of the East Blues, they're the only ones who sing in the East.

I take my lad into the Family Stand. Ok, so it's dead atmosphere wise (apart from the Lee Venus One Man Singalong) but I don't have to listen to the torrents of abuse and rubbish that you do elsewhere. I'd suggest to any parent that the place to take a kid at The Hall is the Family Stand.

I think the point is that hurling abuse and the gratuitous use of swear words is not necessary. It does seem that some people just remove their brains when they enter a football ground. Ok, so we all swear, but that doesn't mean I, or anyone else, should expect to sit and listen to a full 90 minutes of it. I think that's where the original poster is coming from.

But I dont agree with the season ban though, what we really need is a little stand by itself somewhere, where all the foul-moutheds can sit together and enjoy each others parlance that they are so obviously used to. Northwest bit of the ground should do nicely, with a big wall between them and the opposition.
Can I sit there? I'd happily pay an extra fiver per match as well for the pleasure.

I had a similar experience from a group of people, including children, sitting in the East blue back row. They were constantly swearing, used racist language, abused the stewards and encouraged their children to do the same.

After one particular game, I told my mate we would have to move, as I didn't enjoy the game even though we'd won.

The reason you never moved cos u get probably get free Comps :-)

Last edited:
I sit in a nice area of the ground where those around me would tell me to shut the **** up if I went OTT, which I sometimes border on. They all agree with my abuse of Barrett though :p

You must own a box...

;)

Back