• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great Sci-Fi films for Barna

Forbidden Planet
Farenheit 451
Star Wars trilogy Empire - Star Wars - Jedi in that order)
Terminators 1 & 2
Blade Runner
Alien & Aliens
Silent Running
Source Code
Moon

Anymore....?

I like the ones I've highlighted and seen (with the exceptions of Alien and Star Wars)..Not tempted by the others(except perhaps Source Code).
ps You missed out Solyent Green and the original Planet of the Apes.They were excellent.

Didn't realise we had so many single middle aged men posting on this site! :stunned:

Winkers anonymous!

I like the ones I've highlighted and seen(with the exception of Alien and Empire)..Not tempted by the others(except perhaps Source Code).
ps You missed out Solyent Green.That was excellent.

Moon is by Zowie Bowie (Duncan Jones) as well as Source Code and it's more low budget. Are you saying you saw Alien but didn't like it?????

Didn't realise we had so many single middle aged men posting on this site! :stunned:

Winkers anonymous!

Ha, middle aged yes. Single no. Wife who likes sci-fi too, yes! :thumbsup:

Moon is by Zowie Bowie (Duncan Jones) as well as Source Code and it's more low budget. Are you saying you saw Alien but didn't like it?????

Ha, middle aged yes. Single no. Wife who likes sci-fi too, yes! :thumbsup:

Perfect Match! Seriously, never found the time to get into Sci-Fi. On a serious note, any films you would recommend for a Sci-Fi novice?

I hear ZB is good but I've never seen his stuff.I'm afraid Alien didn't do anything for me apart from the scene where Sigourney Weaver got(most of) her kit off.

Oher SF films I would confess to liking would be, Invasion of the body snatchers,Children of the dammed and Day of the Triffids plus The Illustrated Man.

War of the Worlds (1953 version) wasn't bad as I recall, if maybe a bit dated in the effects department

If not, how about The Clangers or Button Moon? :smile:

Perfect Match! Seriously, never found the time to get into Sci-Fi. On a serious note, any films you would recommend for a Sci-Fi novice?

Pretty much all the ones mentioned on this thread!

Oh and one my favourite films of all time; Wall-E.

Back