• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpereeee

First XI
Has anyone noticed our recent tendency not to score in important games away from home? For example:

2 LDV final's
FA Cup ties at Everton, Sheffield Wednesday, West Ham and Southampton

I have been to each one of these and the bitter pills of defeat would have been much easier to swallow if we had at least managed a goal.

The only shred of comfort is the fact that all of the above are cup games.

Oh how I hope we score on Sat without reply.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ May 04 2005,16:05)]Has anyone noticed our recent tendency not to score in important games away from home?
Macclesfield? Northampton?

Come on, people. Stop trying to read things into our recent results that simply aren't there.

Fact is that we've been playing below par of late... but that the players just need to put in one supreme effort on Saturday. If they do, then what will be will be. As long as we and the players give our all - we can't ask for any more than that.

Matt

I wasn't trying to read anything into our recent results. I was simply trying to point out that following Southend away from home can be a really frustrating pastime.

I have been supporting Southend for over 30 years and in that time trends become apparent. I suppose I remember those games because the disappointment was acute.

Anyway let's not forget both Bury and Peterborough away.

Up the blues.

ps anyone going to the players player of the year awards tonight? if so should see you there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ May 04 2005,16:24)]ps anyone going to the players player of the year awards tonight? if so should see you there.
Corbett's not. He's still "ill"

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 04 2005,16:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ May 04 2005,16:24)]ps anyone going to the players player of the year awards tonight? if so should see you there.

down.gif
Just Drunkan to annoy then! Will God be there?! Should be there about 10.45pm ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 04 2005,16:27)]
[b said:

down.gif
The not inconsiderable amount of sympathy I had for young Jimmy is beginning to wear rather thin. He's taking the **** now, isn't he? How on earth can he (a) still be "ill" and (b) be too "ill" to turn up at a dinner, let alone training?

rock.gif

Disappointing.

down.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ May 04 2005,16:05)]Has anyone noticed our recent tendency not to score in important games away from home? For example:

2 LDV final's
We scored a perfectly good goal @ Hillsborough as TV replays proved, it's just the referee didn't think so
mad.gif

One of my top 5 SUFC supporting moments that day, setting foot into the stadium and seeing over 5,000 blue & yellow bedecked mental Southenders!

Since Saturday I was dreading the Grimsby game. Until today.
My faith has returned. I think the boys will go out and give the marriners a real good spanking.
biggrin.gif

I think.... well, I don't know what to think, really. I'm making no predictions, because look at the amount of people saying we were going to smash Orient / Oxford / Yeovil and look what happened there.

We can win, with the squad we have we should win.

I thought I was nervous about the Yeovil game, words cannot describe my anxiousness over this one....

The anxiety's killing me a bit here too.

It's funny how the Yeovil game would have left me much happier with a draw in spite of the fact that not a great deal has changed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ May 04 2005,16:05)]Has anyone noticed our recent tendency not to score in important games away from home? For example:

2 LDV final's

I have been to each one of these and the bitter pills of defeat would have been much easier to swallow if we had at least managed a goal.
I think I've spotted the common denominator here ?

Simple question - Are you going Saturday ? Or should that be were you going ?
tounge.gif

Back