• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guess the team v Crewe

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
------Mildenhall---
---Dervite--Clarke---
Sankofa------Barrett
------JFC--Macca----
Betsy---------Moussa
---Theo--Freedman--
Subs: Joyce, Francis, Scannell, Barnard, Laurent

Laurent looked good wide right at Chelsea and in my opinion has more to offer the team.

Laurent looked good wide right at Chelsea and in my opinion has more to offer the team.
Laurent impressed me on the right against Chelsea too but I think he is a good striker and should only be played wide right if he can't get in the team upfront. I would love to see Laurent and Freedman just behind Theo or Theo and Freedman just behind Laurent.

Sansome
Austin Scully Prior Powell
Otto Butler K Jones Hunt
Collymore Eastwood

Subs: Royce, Scully, Angell, Sawyer, Pennyfather.

Only a guess!!

------Mildenhall---
---Dervite--Clarke---
Sankofa------Barrett
------JFC--Macca----
Betsy---------Moussa
---Theo--Freedman--
Subs: Joyce, Francis, Scannell, Barnard, Laurent
Agreed to but i think francis should be involved somewhere

I would envisage a 4-3-2 plus Laurent given free reign to go where he likes. I recall Peter Ndlovu doing that for Coventry against us - our back 4 didn't know what to do about it.

I'd keep it the same - no need to change it, we've won twice with the same line up, Francis is playing better, Freedman and Theo are combining well and the rest of the side is settled.

Be the wrong message to bring Laurent back into the side, similarly (and I prefer Betsey) a 10 minute cameo with a tap in shouldnt warrant a start over Francis.

In summary, stick with a winning team!

I thought that one of the first rules of football is that you don't change a winning side. Unchanged for me

I thought that one of the first rules of football is that you don't change a winning side. Unchanged for me

Ditto. Would certainly look to involve Laurent during 2nd half to get him spot-on for a matchwinning cameo role against the Ewes on Saturday.

But with 2 games a week for the next FIVE weeks, this isn't going to be the case. Dougie might be rested tonight and Barny could come in, so that Dougie is ready for Sat as i cant see him playing 3 games in 7 days. Its lucky there are no real injury worries at the moment as a bit of squad rotation is going to be needed in the next month with 10 games in a short space of time!

Kev

Exactly as we were barring any injuries we haven't been informed about. Betsy won't usurp Franno on the strength of the goal, Franno and Sankofa both played well enough to keep their places.

What I want to know is whether or not "Ron's blog" could do a job for us on the left side of midfield. We are crying out for bodies at the moment.

OS says mildys fit and an unchanged line up is expected

Back