• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gutteridge signs - Official

Well can I just say that I had the pleasure of printing Guttridge No 29 for tomorrows game?!!!!!

And even invested in one myself! So that makes me the 1st person to have a Guttridge shirt!!!

tounge.gif

Not a massive deal............but im happy!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 18 2005,21:58)]Well can I just say that I had the pleasure of printing Guttridge No 29 for tomorrows game?!!!!!

And even invested in one myself! So that makes me the 1st person to have  a Guttridge shirt!!!

tounge.gif

Surely that's insider trading?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 18 2005,22:58)]Well can I just say that I had the pleasure of printing Guttridge No 29 for tomorrows game?!!!!!

And even invested in one myself! So that makes me the 1st person to have  a Guttridge shirt!!!

tounge.gif

I hope, for your sake, that he's brought on as a sub with just 10 minutes to go, coz that's how long the print job will last if you've done it.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 19 2005,08:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Mar. 18 2005,22:58)]Well can I just say that I had the pleasure of printing Guttridge No 29 for tomorrows game?!!!!!

tounge.gif

I hope, for your sake, that he's brought on as a sub with just 10 minutes to go, coz that's how long the print job will last if you've done it.

laugh.gif
nothing like a bit of brotherly love . . . now why am i getting visions of Kenny Everett with a dog collar and huge polystyrene hands ?

smile.gif

Al

ps it's good to be back, albeit temporary, but it'll be perm once the lazy SA b&£$%!ds at Telkom sort my connection out

Apologies if this was posted before (from Teamtalk on Friday)but I can't remember seeing it.  If it was just ignore the old fool!  Just that the last paragraph amused me.  

<span style='color:blue'>Guttridge joins Shrimpers
Former Cambridge skipper Luke Guttridge has joined Southend United for an undisclosed fee.

Cambridge boss Steve Thompson told the club's official website: "I think Luke needs a change and new surroundings, and he needs to go somewhere for a new challenge to prove what he can do. He's been on the brink of two or three moves and it's not happened, and as a young player it's affected him.

"No-one doubts his football ability, he's a fine player. But for one reason or another we've not had him for two thirds of this season and now he's not as match-fit as he should be, through not playing the games.

"Luke has been a fine servant to Cambridge but now he needs a fresh challenge."

After a fine season last time out, in which he was ever-present and finished as top scorer, Guttridge has endured a nightmare season this time around.

His appearances have been limited by illness and injury, and he also had a public altercation with team-mate Danny Webb.
</span>

Probably something like "you're crap Webb"  
biggrin.gif
 Heard that before somewhere!  
tounge.gif

From a report in August 2004:

In midfield, the player to watch is Luke Guttridge, talented but hot-headed and ostensibly given the captaincy over the summer to dissuade him from accepting offers from a higher division. He was involved in an altercation with team-mate Danny Webb on Saturday following a difference of opinion concerning shooting options, which appears to have added volume to the questioning of his armband

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 21 2005,10:19)]He was involved in an altercation with team-mate Danny Webb on Saturday following a difference of opinion concerning shooting options,
What?  The fact that Danny can't shoot from more than 6 inches out & only hits the target with 1 in 10 from even that distance!  
biggrin.gif

Having seen the above comments, I can see why Tilly & Brush might like him.  Their one on one MAN-managment skills seem to be far better than anyone we've had for years & presumably they see a talent that they can point in the right direction.  When Fredy arrived it was said by some that he was arrogant, cocky, not a team player etc & to be fair his link up play wasn't brilliant.  But over the last few games he's been different class with his teamwork & workrate, with the 2 assists for Wayne on Saturday just accentuating the improvement.  Hell they've even managed to get Maher through to March before his second suspension!  
smile.gif

Like others have said.  Tilly & Brush seem to have any eye for a player & we can all have confidence IMHO that Gutteridge will be moulded by them into the team ethic we have.  Also don't forget that for the last year or so he's been managed by some dopey French tw*t!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Mar. 21 2005,11:06)] But over the last few games he's been different class with his teamwork & workrate, with the 2 assists for Wayne on Saturday
Talking of which, how many assists is that now for Freddy?

Apart from the set piece goals he seems to have been involved in every goal these last few months.

I have confidence in Tilly and Brush, we arn&#39;t 4th for no reason, they must take 95% of the credit. They would not have signed him on a 3 year deal if they didn&#39;t think he could do the business or as Tilly says &#39; better than what we already got&#39;

P.S Nice to see the board backing him &#33;

A bit of extra competiton for places at this stage of this season can definetely do no harm.

Tilly hasn&#39;t made a bad signing yet so I have faith in him.

Back