• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guttridge- now on OS

Sounds promising that Tilly also said he hopes to get a couple in by the close of play today. But haven't we heard that one before?...

Good to see the comments that he hope to have made signings ourselves. Come on Tilly......I suggest we need 10 players to have a decent chance of survival.
laugh.gif

Tilson also says- "Hopefully before the day is out we would have made some signings ourselves"

Why let two players go but bring one in?

Wouldn't it make sense to keep hold of all our players and get players in too?
rock.gif
After all we do have a small squad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"We'll see how things go and take a look at it again in January."
- doesn't sound as if he wants him back but won't rule it out at this stage

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"Hopefully before the day is out we would have made some signings ourselves."
- too bleeding right Tilly, get on with it
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Blue @ Nov. 23 2006,12:38)]Tilson also says- "Hopefully before the day is out we would have made some signings ourselves"

Why let two players go but bring one in?

Wouldn't it make sense to keep hold of all our players and get players in too?  
rock.gif
After all we do have a small squad.
Why though should we try and keep any player who hates being here..??

Orient OS

Eeeeurgh, I feel dirty after visiting that site!
Similar line to Tilly from Ling "we'll see what the situation is like in January"

Scabby b@stards said "Southend's promotion to the Championship" not the more factually correct "Southend's title winning season"
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ Nov. 23 2006,12:55)]So if we only get 2 in, the squad size hasnt increased at all. Pointless.
My guess is that we won't even sign 2 players though. I hope I'm wrong!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ Nov. 23 2006,12:55)]So if we only get 2 in, the squad size hasnt increased at all. Pointless.
I dont think its pointless - just that you've missed the point!

tounge.gif

Jay Smith wouldnt have been up to the required standard

Luke Guttridge clearly didnt want to be here and by all accounts he can be bad for dressing room morale - a disruptive influence. You could argue that by letting him go we have already strengthened the squad...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 23 2006,13:02)]You could argue that by letting him go we have already strengthened the squad...
Wow...what optician do you visit SS? I think he's got your prescription wrong, I think he's given you too much Blue in your Blue tinted glasses.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Nov. 23 2006,13:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 23 2006,13:02)]You could argue that by letting him go we have already strengthened the squad...
Wow...what optician do you visit SS? I think he's got your prescription wrong, I think he's given you too much Blue in your Blue tinted glasses.....
The point I'm making has nothing to do with his playing ability - purely that if he's going to rock the boat and sow discord in the camp, then we're better off without him

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The point I'm making has nothing to do with his playing ability - purely that if he's going to rock the boat and sow discord in the camp, then we're better off without him

That true, I have seen 1 player playing for my sunday league side who got a good abilty up front, but was an disruptive influence in our dressing room which ruin team morale - but we are winning games without that guy, we managed to get a new forward as an replacment for him, he got 10 goals in 5 games since then.

So Southend Utd FC is better off without Luke, we did beat Man Utd without him as well!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Nov. 23 2006,13:33)]That true, I have seen 1 player playing for my sunday league side who got a good abilty up front, but was an disruptive influence in our dressing room which ruin team morale - but we are winning games without that guy, we managed to get a new forward as an replacment for him, he got 10 goals in 5 games since then.
I take your point but the Chinese Sunday League system is totally different from playing in The Championship.

Interesting re Gutts after the Ron Martin article the other day saying "We have resolved differences etc" and we let him go when it is clear that we lack depth in Midfield even after getting McCormack.
Obviously the Ron thing was Bullsh*t
What do you think?

I struggled with this comment:

"Having slipped down the pecking order at Roots Hall since United's promotion to the Championship, the 24-year-old has found his opportunities limited with the first team."

He was given ample games to succeed before we let him out on loan. The only reason he's slipped down the pecking order has been his lack of commitment and focus since we went up

It was always on the cards wasn't it?! Both Smith and Gutts have both wanted to get away and play first team football and Tilly/Brush have known that for long enough .............

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 23 2006,14:04)]It was always on the cards wasn't it?! Both Smith and Gutts have both wanted to get away and play first team football and Tilly/Brush have known that for long enough .............
Yeah. I suspect that Moussa was ahead of Smith in the pecking order which is why Jay has gone and Gutts' absense from the bench on saturday told its own story.

Theres no point keeping a disruptive influence (if that is what Luke is) around the club just because he's an extra body.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Nov. 23 2006,14:11)]Yeah. I suspect that Moussa was ahead of Smith in the pecking order which is why Jay has gone and Gutts' absense from the bench on saturday told its own story.
Wasnt Moussa warming up with the team and subs despite not being on the bench on Saturday ?

If so a good indicator that he is being given as much experience of the 1st team as possible and would therefore indeed be pretty high up on the pecking order now.

Back